+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pushing the mainline - The Pit, episode 2

RBW Member cb1 is an unknown quantity at this point cb1's Avatar
    rEvo iii

Re: Pushing the mainline - The Pit, episode 2

Thanks for the response guys, much appreciated.

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Stunning lighting. I'm assuming those are the big Keldan lights about 9,000 lumen. Pricey but impressive.
    These are fantastic lights. There are lights that are brighter, but these are super heavy, and mess with the trim and operation of the scooter. The Keldans are very close to neutral and work great on the scooters. Self-contained, and with 70+ minutes of burn time at full power.

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Was everyone running GF 80/90 and how did everyone feel after? Any doppler being done?
    I'll elaborate a bit more on this. I was also diving 80/90 on these dives. My profiles weren't nearly as long as the forward teams, but pretty substantial dives nonetheless. Since I began using 80/90, I've felt great post dive.

To some, 80/90 sounds nuts when you first hear about it. Some people's first impression is we are reckless or idiotic. I'll admit when I first heard about this, I was skeptical. But having the opportunity to work here, and sit in on the advanced lectures whenever I want to has it's benefits. By no means are these numbers pulled out of thin air, they are derived from a variety of scholarly articles, and scientific studies. Listening in on one of the deep lectures one day, and seeing the science and math represented visually on the board made it all click.

Now when I hear about people diving 15/85, I think that's nuts.
    Last edited by Tienuts; 8th June 2015 at 16:03.

Asia's rEvo Gal :) Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline has a spectacular aura about Jacqueline's Avatar
    rEvo X MFT mCCR

rEvo MFT/rMS, Micro II mCCR,

Magnificent! Thanks for sharing.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    I'll elaborate a bit more on this. I was also diving 80/90 on these dives. My profiles weren't nearly as long as the forward teams, but pretty substantial dives nonetheless. Since I began using 80/90, I've felt great post dive.

To some, 80/90 sounds nuts when you first hear about it. Some people's first impression is we are reckless or idiotic. I'll admit when I first heard about this, I was skeptical. But having the opportunity to work here, and sit in on the advanced lectures whenever I want to has it's benefits. By no means are these numbers pulled out of thin air, they are derived from a variety of scholarly articles, and scientific studies. Listening in on one of the deep lectures one day, and seeing the science and math represented visually on the board made it all click.

Now when I hear about people diving 15/85, I think that's nuts.
    Thanks for the detail, Tony. I've been inching up my bottom GF but I'm still a long way from 80/90.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member 724 is an unknown quantity at this point 724's Avatar
    Hollis prism 2

Poesidon MK6

Amazing!!
    it is awesome to see exploration of caves!! BE SAFE !!

RBW Member cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron is just really nice cameron's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by PSotis  View Original Post
    We also remove all helium penalties from the computer
    I'm curious what you mean by this?

Cam

Quote Originally Posted by cameron  View Original Post
    I'm curious what you mean by this?

Cam
    Setting the computer to a nitrogen and oxygen only mix I presume....

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Quote Originally Posted by deepunderground  View Original Post
    THat is one way.

When diving 70 Helium, we tell the computer we dive 10 or 20 instead.

Supporting Member scubabrownie is an unknown quantity at this point scubabrownie's Avatar
    rEvo micro III expedition

Prism Topaz, Prism 2

awesome video Peter and Claudia!

Brian Hamilton

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by deepunderground  View Original Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    THat is one way.

When diving 70 Helium, we tell the computer we dive 10 or 20 instead.
    Claudia's way makes a little more sense. Most algorithms treat helium in a funny way. Adding a little He to a nitrox mix reduces deco time. As you keep adding more He, it eventually turns from a deco bonus into a deco penalty. There will be some blend of trimix that yields the least amount of deco time, far less than either pure nitrox or pure heliox.

With all that being said, I don't feel comfortable with trying to find what that mix is and lying to my computer. If you can't afford the time, don't do the crime.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast