+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Santi plug for a heated vest

RBW Member Alistair is an unknown quantity at this point Alistair's Avatar
    Inspo Evo

Azimuth, Inspo Classic, Submat

Santi plug for a heated vest

I purchased a Santi heated vest. This comes with a specific plug at the end of the cable (see attached photos). I had aimed to cut off this pug to connect to my own plug (which connects to my suit/battery connectors), but once I saw this Santi plug and that it is gold plated and machine washable/waterproof, I realised that this is probably not a good idea (especially if I ever want to sell the vest).

So I thought of buying the 'male' version of the plug, to which I can attach an adapter to fit my suit connector.

Does anyone know where to buy this style of plug, but with no cable attached - just the plug (and not through Santi)?
    Attached Images

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Re: Santi plug for a heated vest

When I bought my Santi vest, it came with the mating plug in a bag. I clipped off the Lola connector from my bulkhead and attached it. I might be willing to help you out because I'm planning to change the connector to use my Yellow shirt and glove system. But I would have to get that all worked out first by getting the correct connectors. I can let you know.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe's Avatar
    rEvo 111 hybrid

Vision Inspo,Evo+, classic

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair  View Original Post
    I purchased a Santi heated vest. This comes with a specific plug at the end of the cable (see attached photos). I had aimed to cut off this pug to connect to my own plug (which connects to my suit/battery connectors), but once I saw this Santi plug and that it is gold plated and machine washable/waterproof, I realised that this is probably not a good idea (especially if I ever want to sell the vest).

So I thought of buying the 'male' version of the plug, to which I can attach an adapter to fit my suit connector.

Does anyone know where to buy this style of plug, but with no cable attached - just the plug (and not through Santi)?

I tried this but could not get the fitting anywhere, unless I bought a thousand. Uncrew the fitting and unsolder. Cut the plastic weave back a bit so the new fitting sits on bare cable. Tidy the end with heat skink and use use any fitting you like. I have done this on three vests so far and no problem.
    Tony
    Attached Images

RBW Member fullytek is an unknown quantity at this point fullytek's Avatar
    megabastard

I recommend using a 2 wire trailer plug like in the old dive rite can lights. stay away from the small Anderson connectors. We have had a few incidents where the connector has come partly disconnected and created a hot spot burning the diver. http://www.wiringdepot.com/store/p/4...lugs-1-Pc.aspx

when soldering the connector stager your connections by about 1 inch this will prevent the joint from being to bulky and in the use the heat shrink with resin.

RBW Member kenneth75 is an unknown quantity at this point kenneth75's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Inspiration Vision Ouroboros

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

I'v e been using Tamiya connectors for many years, with no problems. If you use the cheap sprung Tamiya connectors, you will have problems, but the solid gold plated pins and sockets in the more expensive connectors last forever.

Michael

RBW Member Teppo is an unknown quantity at this point Teppo's Avatar
    Tres Presidentes

RBW Member toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe's Avatar
    rEvo 111 hybrid

Vision Inspo,Evo+, classic

Have you bought a connector from these guys?

Tony
    Last edited by toe; 7th June 2015 at 10:44.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Ok, let's just clip off both ends. Here's 5 sets for $8. I'll split it with you.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pin-3pin-4p...item23445304ef

Edit: Found one that specified 18 gauge wire. I suspect the other one might be 20 or 22.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/5Pairs-Black...item27fb1045cd
    Last edited by kwinter; 7th June 2015 at 11:05.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member Alistair is an unknown quantity at this point Alistair's Avatar
    Inspo Evo

Azimuth, Inspo Classic, Submat

Santi plug for a heated vest

Some great tips, thanks all.
    I would however (at least first) attempt to keep the original plug and simply make up an adapter. It not possible, then I will have to replace the plug.
    The links were of assistance, however it appears that the plugs are not identical. The Keco Diving one is about the closest.
    So Ken, if you are still keen on your original offer (once you have sorted out your new configuration), let me know as I am keen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast