+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dave Thompson O2 Man Inj.

Custom Title Allowed! Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia's Avatar

Dave Thompson O2 Man Inj.

http://www.electricfilm.com/hammerhead.html Here one can see that Dave thompson has his Oxygen Valve exchanged with the dump valve, why is this ? Is this to remove water from the exhale lung? Have someone tried this ?

Pierre

Decodiver
    Hi Pierre,

I may be wrong but this could be one of the early Buddy prototypes of the Inspiration, there is no case and the handsets are smaller.

The positioning of the dump valve at the bottom of the exhale counterlung is far better suited to clearing water from the lung. The Meg has the same system.

Now you can invert on the Inspiration to achieve the same effect, unfortunately if you have a loop flood you may then soak your head.

Not a good idea!!

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

Custom Title Allowed! Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia's Avatar
    WHy is it more possible to soak the head ? The problem I tought of was that it will be more difficult to dump from lung! Also how you can dump water from an exhale lung on a meg?

Quote Originally Posted by Decodiver
    Hi Pierre,

I may be wrong but this could be one of the early Buddy prototypes of the Inspiration, there is no case and the handsets are smaller.

The positioning of the dump valve at the bottom of the exhale counterlung is far better suited to clearing water from the lung. The Meg has the same system.

Now you can invert on the Inspiration to achieve the same effect, unfortunately if you have a loop flood you may then soak your head.

Not a good idea!!

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

Decodiver
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Farrugia
    Why is it more possible to soak the head ? The problem I tought of was that it will be more difficult to dump from lung! Also how you can dump water from an exhale lung on a meg?
    1. If you have a partially flooded scrubber on the Inspiration and you invert yourself you may flood the head, simple question of gravity. To be able to dump water from the Inspiration OPV you have to be inverted or at least have the OPV at the lowest point of your body, again a simple question of gravity.

2. The ADV and OPV on the Meg are on the exhale counterlung and the manual O2 addition is on the inhale counterlung. So if you have water in the exhale counterlung, you fire up the ADV and flush it out through the OPV on the lung. I get students to flood and empty the lung at least 3 times on the Meg course.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

RBW Member sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330's Avatar
    Who cares

A few

Is it possible to put the dump valve in the place of the O2 add button? I'm 9 days away from recieving my YBOD and I'm already starting to think of things I want to change from the current config.

Scott

Decodiver
    Quote Originally Posted by sensor330
    Is it possible to put the dump valve in the place of the O2 add button? I'm 9 days away from recieving my YBOD and I'm already starting to think of things I want to change from the current config.

Scott
    Hi Scott,

I am not so persuaded of the benefits of doing so. Don't get me wrong, I like the set-up on the Meg, but am also comfortable with that of the Inspiration.

The placement of the OPV on the Inspiration facilitates gas dumping on ascent, you would have to roll to the left and dump if you change it's location.

Proper assembly and predive checks "should" stop you needing to dump water from a flooded counterlung.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

RBW Member sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330 is a glorious beacon of light sensor330's Avatar
    Who cares

A few

Good point. Do Meg divers also need to roll one way to dump gas on assent?

Scott

Decodiver
    Quote Originally Posted by sensor330
    Good point. Do Meg divers also need to roll one way to dump gas on assent?

Scott
    Hi Scott,

If you are ascending horizontally you need to roll to the right to operate the OPV.

If you are ascending vertically you need to arch your back making the OPV at the highest point to get it to work.

Alternatively you can just dump the gas from your mouth around the mouthpiece.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

Administrator ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE has a spectacular aura about ROB DAVIE's Avatar

Talking Technical terms....

Quote Originally Posted by Decodiver

Alternatively you can just dump the gas from your mouth around the mouthpiece.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

Dave,

I prefer the technical term "pooch", as in to "pooch out a little gas around the mouthpiece" (derived from the position of the mouth and the sound the gas makes upon departure).

Rob

Decodiver
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB DAVIE

Dave,

I prefer the technical term "pooch", as in to "pooch out a little gas around the mouthpiece" (derived from the position of the mouth and the sound the gas makes upon departure).

Rob
    Aren't pooches what old people allow to shit on the pavement?

Cheers,

Dave.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast