+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Results 101 to 109 of 109

Thread: Poor opinion of rebreather diving

  1. #101
    RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    tokyo
    Posts
    4,504

    Re: Poor opinion of rebreather diving

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    I sugest readers who dont know you just do a serch on your posts when you were a a diver and make their own mind up


    ATB

    Mark
    mark you and me are very different.

    ive met many a diver like you

    they have the gear they know about the gear they talk about the gear but the actual diving terrifies them.


    despite never having met me im sure you think im gun ho im sure you think im not a carefull diver but thats mainly because your really just a weekend diver.

    you dont have the interest mindset or balls to push the envelope to push yourself to explore to go beyond and further so its no surprise you dont get those that do.


    people can read anything you or i post here - it means nothing. at the end of the day i did dives you can not do - ever, only because you dont have the balls for it.

    i never judged you for that, i dont consider it a flaw in your nature we are all different, but evidentially you consider more ambitious divers as gun hoe you probably take solace in the idea that they are unsafe or `crazy` didnt `train` properly and all the other things you tell yourself must be true without any actual evidence or experience to support it.

    Yes Im gun hoe in everything i do, im gun hoe when exploring wrecks when cave diving when dry caving when climbing when racing cars but dont associate drive and ambition with carelessness, you will find most people with the guts to do stuff that scare others are actually careful planners and prepare well. none of us who dive rbs can say we are `safe` people we are all taking risks most think foolish.

    You are doing the exact same diving as you were 10 years ago so no doubt in your mind i progressed quickly and you interpret that as meaning i was gun hoe, you interpret that as meaning i didnt train or prepare when in reality i very much did. I progressed quickly because i did dozens of courses and i sought out the best of the best to dive and learn from. it was all planned out it was efficient it was quick and it enabled me to gain a lot of experience and knowledge quickly, that and the fact i was practically full time diving everyday all around the world and not on your same old same old local weekend wrecks.


    yes i fcked up many time but thats because i WAS DIVING A LOT i was PUSHING MY AND MY GEARS LIMIT, so of course accidents will happen. If all you ever do is write posts on a dive forum and same old weekend boat dives to same old local wrecks (and one cave course that scared the crap out of you) then the opportunity to make mistakes are rather limited. doesnt make you a better or worse diver than me - just a different one.

    and finally logically im still alive so clearly im not the careless crazy diver your trying to paint me out to be. either that or im just plain lucky. either way im happy because i had a blast dived the crap out of the world and am no more dead that you who have done nothing

    safe diving :)
    Last edited by Drmike; 25th November 2015 at 03:34.

  2. #102
    SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    836
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

    Re: Poor opinion of rebreather diving



    I dive with a bunch of guys who are all very enthusiastic about their diving. Some like to chase the exotic stuff. Most enjoy working together towards completing a challenging dive. But none of them are gung-ho about it. It's serious business requiring a depth of thought, planning and premeditation to be done with any degree of safety. Not a balls-n-all guns blazing assault on the ocean.

    There's a big difference between someone who is enthusiastic about their diving and who will take on challenging dives for the interest of the dive, IMO, and someone who is little more than an adrenaline junkie using SCUBA to chase the thrill and snag bragging rights.

    We do get gung-ho divers come through occasionally and they terrify me for the short time it takes them to realise they don't quite fit the group. I don't want to be dragging their soggy corpse out and, more importantly, I don't want their crappy attitude getting me stuck in the sh1t. Frankly, I'd prefer anyone claiming proudly to be a "gun hoe" diver to be a complete armchair pelican rather than someone actively trying to kill themselves and consistently missing by pure dumb luck.

    Old divers, bold divers, etc.
    Last edited by Captain Starfish; 25th November 2015 at 13:39.

  3. #103
    RBW Member OutOfTest is an unknown quantity at this point OutOfTest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    59
    None

    Re: Poor opinion of rebreather diving

    Quote Originally Posted by Drmike  View Original Post

    Yes Im gun hoe in everything i do, im gun hoe when exploring wrecks when cave diving when dry caving when climbing when racing cars
    yeah, this is b0llocks.

    Found your trip report from wookey to 22 and swildons sump 1....you realise these are about as beginnery as beginner trips get? The fact you described them as tight when they're anything but doesn't help you hear either.

    So you're not gung ho in your dry caving or your cave diving.

    You're not vastly experienced or exploring loads, if you were, I'd have heard of you.

    Wrecks, climbing and racing I can't comment on. But given that two examples are bullsh1t, I'd guess the rest are too.

    Me and Mr Chade have very different philosophies on diving, but I can assure you he's anything but a ballless weekend diver.

    You on the other hand....provide your evidence, cos everything's pointing to a lying armchair diver.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #104
    RBW Member OutOfTest is an unknown quantity at this point OutOfTest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    59
    None

    Re: Poor opinion of rebreather diving

    Forgot to mention I'm in the same club as several divers you've said you've been diving with.

    On asking them, the word I got was "useless"


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #105
    RBW Member oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    155
    Meg Apecs

    KISS Classic

    Re: Poor opinion of rebreather diving

    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfTest  View Original Post
    On asking them, the word I got was "useless"
    Now THAT'S funny.

  6. #106
    dougbeer dougbeer is an unknown quantity at this point dougbeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Gilroy, California
    Posts
    4
    not yet

    Smile Re: Poor opinion of rebreather diving

    Quote Originally Posted by H2Ocaver  View Original Post
    The cake is a lie....


    ....But there's no sense crying over every mistake
    Loved that Game

  7. #107
    dougbeer dougbeer is an unknown quantity at this point dougbeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Gilroy, California
    Posts
    4
    not yet

    Re: Poor opinion of rebreather diving

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Chase  View Original Post
    Its a statistical fact

    To put perspective on it, more people died in 2012 from hitting deer with a car or moterbike than died diveing in the UK.

    As divers we tend to drive in the early hours of the morning and often through rural locations so again we are an at risk group

    We also do long exausting days and often drive tierd and long distances to go diveing so part of a high risk group

    In days gone by I have driven 300 miles dived all day and driven 300 miles home again.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...g-animals.html
    There are hundreds of thousands of drivers, how many RB divers? If you take just RB divers then the chances of dying in the car are much less than dying in the water.

  8. #108
    RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    tokyo
    Posts
    4,504

    Re: Poor opinion of rebreather diving

    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfTest  View Original Post
    yeah, this is b0llocks.

    Found your trip report from wookey to 22 and swildons sump 1....you realise these are about as beginnery as beginner trips get? The fact you described them as tight when they're anything but doesn't help you hear either.

    So you're not gung ho in your dry caving or your cave diving.

    You're not vastly experienced or exploring loads, if you were, I'd have heard of you.

    Wrecks, climbing and racing I can't comment on. But given that two examples are bullsh1t, I'd guess the rest are too.

    Me and Mr Chade have very different philosophies on diving, but I can assure you he's anything but a ballless weekend diver.

    You on the other hand....provide your evidence, cos everything's pointing to a lying armchair diver.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Well Marks mum,




    i dont know what trip report your refering to but that first vist to swildons was my FIRST experience in uk sumps ergo it should have been a beginner level - which it was. you are wrong that it was only to sump 1 we went to the end sump 12, at least i assume it was the end, lots of cow poo. i went with john volanthen and duncan price great guys and the experience was very helpful later. i went back solo the next day. your rather proving my point about how i prepared and trained. i had a cave i wanted to explore in japan that had sumps and was small and tight, but i learnt to cave dive in the us where caves and diving technique and gear are mostly orientated to big caves, no sump. i had no knowledge or training in this type of tight cave and sump so i researched, learnt what i could, flew to the uk stayed at the wessex caving club and learnt what i could from those guys in swildons and wookey taking that and gear configurations back with me so i could push my cave.

    https://drmike.smugmug.com/Caving-an...ips-and-Wales/

    its called self motivated preparation, training, learning.



    but hey your a 24 year old kid who bought your first rb all of 3 months ago so yeah go ahead and tell me all about it.......

    ..maybe not marks mum....maybe his son?
    Last edited by Drmike; 16th March 2016 at 10:17.

  9. #109
    RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    tokyo
    Posts
    4,504

    Re: Poor opinion of rebreather diving

    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfTest  View Original Post
    Forgot to mention I'm in the same club as several divers you've said you've been diving with.

    On asking them, the word I got was "useless"


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    i dont believe you Marks mum




    i am the first to admit im an ass but i dont believe any one who has dived with me would say i was a useless diver, they would say i was an ass though


    but hey like i said you have 3 months experience diving your rb so hell your more than qualified to judge .......
    Last edited by Drmike; 16th March 2016 at 10:18.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts