+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cross-Over too soon or not?

RBW Member exposure is an unknown quantity at this point exposure's Avatar
    APD Evolution+

Cross-Over too soon or not?

Hi There,

I'm back with a beginner question. Do you have any view on timing for a cross-over to other unit? Can it be done immediately after a MOD1 or is it better to practice / get experience on the first unit before moving on to other unit.

In my view, testing multiple units is important before deciding to buy a unit.

Exposure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Cross-Over too soon or not?

Quote Originally Posted by exposure  View Original Post
    Hi There,

I'm back with a beginner question. Do you have any view on timing for a cross-over to other unit? Can it be done immediately after a MOD1 or is it better to practice / get experience on the first unit before moving on to other unit.

In my view, testing multiple units is important before deciding to buy a unit.

Exposure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The main issue I see with moving quickly from one unit to the next is that you don't get time to settle in and get comfortable on a rig. I have trained on quite a number of units and none of them were really comfortable to my after my initial training. It took time to get used to every one of them.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Pucks & sharks! hroark2112 is an unknown quantity at this point hroark2112's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit LTE

Kiss Sport, DiveRite O2ptima

There is a big difference between a try dive to test out a rebreather and a MOD1 course followed by an actual crossover course. Trying multiple units if you have that ability would be awesome. I wish I had had that opportunity. But if you're just looking to see what you're going to like best, there is no reason for a formal MOD1 and then a crossover or multiple crossover courses to find what you like.

I've just hit about 100 dives on my first unit, and am now planning a crossover to another unit. While it might not be another 100 dives to do another, I really wanted to feel fairly proficient on my unit before I tried anything else.

RBW Member exposure is an unknown quantity at this point exposure's Avatar
    APD Evolution+

wedivebc: Make sense and that's what I had in mind. The suggestion came from a discussion were some argued that it could be a good idea.

hroark2112: The MOD1 will be to start rebreather with my first choice unit.

+ Reply to Thread