+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Haskel mini sport oxygen booster problem

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Re: Haskel mini sport oxygen booster problem

If you can get a Swagelok for that price, it is great. I use Western Enterprise valves CVF-4M or CVM-4F. It is important to identify which end of the flow you need male or female. Also make sure they can handle at least 3000 psi. The stainless versions of the Western ones handle higher pressure, but also cost about 3 times as much. Any welding supply place will have them. Check out prices online from places like weldwarehouse.com and tooldex.com.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member recon is an unknown quantity at this point recon's Avatar
    rEvo III RMS

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    If you can get a Swagelok for that price, it is great. I use Western Enterprise valves CVF-4M or CVM-4F. It is important to identify which end of the flow you need male or female. Also make sure they can handle at least 3000 psi. The stainless versions of the Western ones handle higher pressure, but also cost about 3 times as much. Any welding supply place will have them. Check out prices online from places like weldwarehouse.com and tooldex.com.
    Thanks to you both this is extremely helpful.

RBW Member Hawaii tech is an unknown quantity at this point Hawaii tech's Avatar
    Inspiration

Does anyone know if this issue happens to the large models too. i have the same problem with my Haskel.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii tech  View Original Post
    Does anyone know if this issue happens to the large models too. i have the same problem with my Haskel.
    I can't say for sure, but I imagine they use the same cheesy check valves. Adding external check valves is inexpensive insurance. Certainly cheaper than rebuilding the internal one. All you can do is try.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member recon is an unknown quantity at this point recon's Avatar
    rEvo III RMS

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I can't say for sure, but I imagine they use the same cheesy check valves. Adding external check valves is inexpensive insurance. Certainly cheaper than rebuilding the internal one. All you can do is try.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Finally got my sport booster back from Haskel and used the check valves that Ken suggested working like a charm. BTW if not under warranty Haskel will try to charge you $700 U.S. to O2 clean your booster after a repair after repair costs so definitely good insurance.

RBW Member kaos is an unknown quantity at this point kaos's Avatar

Hi this is my first post on here.
    I em mechanical engineer interested in gas/oxygen boosters.
    I can see that you have a problem with the check valves. I would like to know what king of sealings are originally in Haskel boosters check valves.
    The additional check valves that you used are fluorocarbon FKM seals end ss 316 body material - poppet type.

I found that document in which we can found that they used ceramic balls and brass seats (no soft sealing) for HP oxygen systems.

http://www.oxycheck.com.au/userfiles...k_2009_SEP.pdf

2nd issue is other HP parts material selection and the type of pump is it plunger or piston type?

ps. English is my second language so please be patient with my language.

donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo will become famous soon enough donlabbruzzo's Avatar

The Haskel internal check valves can be damaged by hitting them with high pressure gas when opening the source gas valves too quickly. The correct procedure should be to gradually open the source gas valve allowing the check valve to seal, then increasing the pressure.

Yes this may add few minutes to the filling process, however saves time in the long run.

Don

RBW Member ceilappeal is an unknown quantity at this point ceilappeal's Avatar

I have a Haskel pump issue it's not a mini sport but it is a problem .
    It's a agt 15/75 with a bum 15 gas barrel ( part # 51367) looking to buy some surplus or good used parts.
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.

RBW Member AQUANOMAD is an unknown quantity at this point AQUANOMAD's Avatar
    rEvo FT

Inspiration, Evolution

This same thing happened to me recently. Is the internal check valve user replaceable/ repairable? Nuvair wants $156 for the pin spanner just to disassemble it but i have heard nothing back on the part. Can I just add the external check valve and get back to it? Will this external check valve work? The post about $700 to o2 clean seem absurd.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SWAGELOK-SS-...kAAOSwrnNXP3qy

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Agree with Don, I use a needle valve inline from HPO2 to the booster and open as I would transfilling HPO2.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast