+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Haskel mini sport oxygen booster problem

RBW Member AQUANOMAD is an unknown quantity at this point AQUANOMAD's Avatar
    rEvo FT

Inspiration, Evolution

Re: Haskel mini sport oxygen booster problem

Can anyone point me to an appropriate needle valve? Is the check valve I linked not worth adding? Any advice on repairs for the internal check valve. Need to get this thing back up and running. Thanks

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by AQUANOMAD  View Original Post
    Can anyone point me to an appropriate needle valve? Is the check valve I linked not worth adding? Any advice on repairs for the internal check valve. Need to get this thing back up and running. Thanks
    Yes, get an inline check valve and make sure you install it in the right direction (flow). This won't address your initial issue of HPO2 rushing to your booster however.

I have 2 Parker needle valves inline but it really depends on your specific setup. That is are you using NPT fittings, swaglok, etc... and how are you equalizing you donor tank with the tank you are filling. If you aren't too sure about this do a little research on the web, loads of different configurations out there.

Just make sure and get a high quality O2 clean HP needle valve. If you have a good welding shop near you they may be able to help. Do not use gate or ball valves...

RBW Member aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson is a jewel in the rough aknelson's Avatar
    Boris, Sentinel

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by whynot?  View Original Post
    Yes, get an inline check valve and make sure you install it in the right direction (flow). This won't address your initial issue of HPO2 rushing to your booster however.
    I have 2 Parker needle valves inline but it really depends on your specific setup. That is are you using NPT fittings, swaglok, etc... and how are you equalizing you donor tank with the tank you are filling. If you aren't too sure about this do a little research on the web, loads of different configurations out there.
    Just make sure and get a high quality O2 clean HP needle valve. If you have a good welding shop near you they may be able to help. Do not use gate or ball valves...
    Can only recommend said above.
    I use my MSB-9000 to boost and Transfill. This requires a check valve followed by a filter in the whip before the booster. After the booster a needle valve is required to control the flow. This applies especially when you fill O2 The Tank valve is not a Flow control it just does not work well.
    If the gas flow is too high the Booster internal valves will "chatter" and this must be reduced to a minimum this means close the needle valve.
    Most of my fittings came from Western and Sawgelok Be aware searching the Catalogs and ordering the correct parts is not for everyone. The Haskal owners manual has some suggestions and samples for gas transfilling.
    Regarding the MSB-9000 I own I had more trouble with the seals inside the low pressure air section. I consider those parts in the Air section not very reliable without
    lots of silicon grease. On request I can take some pictures for those interested and get the parts numbers.

Andy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3