+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: rEvo vs prism 2 pros and cons

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: rEvo vs prism 2 pros and cons

Quote Originally Posted by fengz  View Original Post
    The RMS seems like a brilliant idea. Odd that no one else is adopting it.
    AP Valves has a temp probe but not quite like the RMS system.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member rongoodman is an unknown quantity at this point rongoodman's Avatar
    Prism 2

Similar question: why would one want the bigger lung instead of the smaller one if the smaller one suffice the need?

Any comparison between the Hollis BOV and the Golem one?
    I don't know of any reason to choose the larger lungs other then the fact that it took Hollis nearly a year to actually ship the smaller lungs after announcing them. I ordered my Prism with the small lungs a couple of months after they were announced, and got the big ones anyway. They're still laying in the back of my closet, and the new ones cost me another $400 when they finally did arrive.

I don't have any experience with the Golem Shrimp.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Great to know that the Prism 2 is built with tough material. Any tips to make it more scratch resistant?
    This unit is pretty tough, if your not scratching any of the units out there means your not using them enough. It's all about maintenance, checking o-rings, changing sensors, checking mushroom valves, checking hoses etc. Disinfecting the unit is must after diving.

If you want to add some extra security you can put your unit in a travel bag or hard case.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member tstormdiver is an unknown quantity at this point tstormdiver's Avatar
    Hollis PRISM2

Similar question: why would one want the bigger lung instead of the smaller one if the smaller one suffice the need?

Any comparison between the Hollis BOV and the Golem one?
    I use the smaller lungs. They work perfectly for me, as a female & helped me with buoyancy swings. I got them from my instructor who got them to try them out, but they did not work for him, as he would completely inflate & collapse them on every breath.

Photographer & Journalist John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard has a spectacular aura about John Liddiard's Avatar
    rEvo II Mini Hybrid

You don't have to have RMS. Without RMS its cheaper and you have a Shearwater controller the same as on the Prism.

RBW Member fengz is an unknown quantity at this point fengz's Avatar

Tried the rEvo Micro last Sat., liked it a lot. Will try the Prism 2 this Sat. Decision time soon...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4