+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1/2 July - Afric & Flying Enterprise, spaces available

Custom Title Allowed! HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM's Avatar

Thumbs up 1/2 July - Afric & Flying Enterprise, spaces available

Hi all,

We've booked Endeavour out of Plymouth for the 1/2 July for some deeper dives (70-85m ish). The tides are very good that weekend, and the plan is to get out to the Flying Enterprise and the Afric.

Cost will be £50 per day, and we currently have four spaces still available.

Endeavour is a cracking boat, and super to dive from, all usual mod cons such as lift etc plus a deeply obliging skipper with a lovely habit of providing post dive sausage sandwiches. Bless him.

If you are keen to come and play, please can I ask you to post below or drop me a PM?

All the best,
    Helen
    Last edited by Beanie; 31st May 2006 at 08:42.

Custom Title Allowed! HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM is just really nice HelenM's Avatar

Re: 1/2 July - Afric & Flying Enterprise, spaces available

A couple of pics of Endeavour from a trip we ran earlier this year...

As you can see, there's plenty of kitting up space, even with 12 on the boat:

And just to prove the sausage sarnies aren't a myth!!:

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Are you out hussling again?
    And pulling all registers with the sausage sandwiches picture. :D

Bad influence, Lou, bad, bad influence.

Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7
    And pulling all registers with the sausage sandwiches picture. :D
    What can I say? I'm a sucker for a good sausage...

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Smile Re: 1/2 July - Afric & Flying Enterprise, spaces available

The Afric is a great dive. A White Star liner, like the Titanic. Leigh Bishop has done some great write-ups on it... (Google for the details.) He did it with Rich Stevenson, who just happens to be in one of your photographs!

Haven't done the Flying Enterprise - another Leigh Bishop subject. So famous in it's day, it appears in the cartoon "101 Dalmations" as a headline in one of the newspapers! All sorts of rumours about what was being carried when it went down too...

For anyone who is thinking about booking on this, there's a bit more info on the wrecks concerned below:

Afric - Leigh Bishop Divernet article here

Flying Enterprise - Leigh Bishop deep image info here

RBW Member CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT is a glorious beacon of light CharlieT's Avatar

Chartered Endeavour last w/e and dived the Merc Enterprise and Afric. Great dives, the ME is well worth a visit. Had 25m of vis on the Friday, 15m on the Sunday. Sat on the Afric was about 10m and quite dark. ;)

It's a nice roomy boat albeit a tad slow!

Helen, please will you add me to your email list for future trips like this?

Charlie
    ct@charliet.co.uk
    Inspiration Vision

Decodiver

The Flying Enterprise is a cracking dive, really really worth the effort to get out to her.

I have dived her a number of times and on one occasion needed no torch as the reflection of ambient light from the seabed lit her up an absolute treat.

She lies on her port side and is what a shipwreck should really look like, we looked long and hard for her bells, none of which we found.

I had a breathtaking moment when I saw what appeared to be the bell, but was soon gutted when it turned out to be a copper bucket.

So as I was alone, having tied in first, I put it in a prominent position and waited for a mate of mine to arrive.

From my vantage pont, hidden in the super structure I watched him do a double take, then swim up whilst simulatneously removing a lift bag, only, like me, to be gutted.....

He was however serenaded with my helium affected rendition of Wankaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! !

Ha ha.

Do it, you will not regret it.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Smile Re: 1/2 July - Afric & Flying Enterprise, spaces available

Is it just me? I think a copper bucket would be cool! :D

Two dropouts, so still time to book on if interested. You book, you pay, usual drill.

http://www.southwestmafia.com/forums...7339#post17339

(Early start on Sunday though... )

+ Reply to Thread