+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CCRs and "Minor" Diving Disorders

Randy Thornton Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict has much to be proud of Mixaddict's Avatar
    Hammerhead Sentinel Evolution

Optima Inspiration Prism 2

Re: CCRs and "Minor" Diving Disorders

I think you will find that generally you will have more ear problems with CCR than with OC. My personal guess is that because of the increased task loading, especially when first starting out on CCR, you will probablly find yourself being less diligent with the equalizing. I also find the same problem occurs in my cave diving, (I believe for the same reason).

That said, I have found 50% vinegar/50% rubbing alchohol will work wonders at the end of each dive day.

Still Learning.... Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg has a spectacular aura about Ant Slegg's Avatar

Re: CCRs and "Minor" Diving Disorders

Thanks for all the info.
    Similar to what has been said the "infection" started in my right and transferred to my left ear. I wasn't aware of the various CCR counterlung to ear pressure difference issues OR the issue with continued O2 absorption and the need to continue to equalise once on the surface. As far as the latter is concerned I'm always advising OC trainees against to much Valsalva (or whatever works for them) on the surface as I was advised this can lead to ear damage.

I will certainly take the advice on-board and pass it on to one or two other CCR divers I know.

Once again many thanks

Ant S

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2