+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Loop drying

RBW Member sebas-SF2 is an unknown quantity at this point sebas-SF2's Avatar
    SF-2 ( Scubaforce SF2 )

Loop drying

hi y'all
    i was wondering what is the best way to dry the loop
    i rinse my loop and hang it to dry
    but i notice there is still water inside the loop even after a week of drying
    to disassemble the loop i need to remove the hose clamps
    but that doesnt seem the best way to take them of all the time ??

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Re: Loop drying

I have found that each CCR loop has different places where water collects due to design etc when you go to dry it...

In general, I hang my hoses and CL's in a way that gravity will help with water drain out.

Typically after several hours of hanging I will shake the CLs, loop hoses etc to get the last of the water out.

Net net I don't think there is a silver bullet on this one. Some people have made blowers etc to circulate air to help with the drying process.

If you have cooper hoses, they will dry easier since they have a smooth surface on the inside.

Given the counter lung design of the SF2, it will probably take a bit more effort to get them properly dried out...

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

If you have rubber hoses and not Copper hoses, it's easy to drain all the water out. Take 1 section from the DSV or the BOV using 1 hand and take the END if the threaded part of the hose with the other hand and pull them apart like an Accordion.

The breathing loop is devided into 2 sections, the right side and the left side.

Repeat the process on the left side of the hose section from the DSV or BOV to the end of the threaded end.

Make sure when doing this that when your pulling the hoses apart that you are pointing 1 hose section up towards the sky and the other section down so that the water drains out at the bottom of the hose. Also, make sure when doing this that you grab your hands around the HOSE CLAMPS on both ends when pulling the hoses apart. Once done draining the water, inspect the rubber hose next to clamps to make sure that there is NO cracking around the rubber hose.

Best regards,
    Last edited by Chett.L; 1st March 2015 at 17:04.
    Chett. L

Nearly Bubbleless Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz has a reputation beyond repute Steve Schultz's Avatar
    Halcyon RB80

I've rigged up a little drying stand for my CL and hoses. It has a 12V computer fan powered by an old cell phone charger that pushes air through the CL. With the added airflow, it dries my stuff in just a couple of hours. Maybe you can rig something similar for your loop?

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schultz  View Original Post
    I've rigged up a little drying stand for my CL and hoses. It has a 12V computer fan powered by an old cell phone charger that pushes air through the CL. With the added airflow, it dries my stuff in just a couple of hours. Maybe you can rig something similar for your loop?
    This I'd like to see! Please put up a pic or two...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Sprague 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

This is what I did:
    I purchased a small 12v computer fan and mounted it in a 1.5 inch PVC pipe coupler. On the other end of the coupler I glued a piece of flexible hose that mated with the inlet of the loop. After rinsing, the hose is hung with the fan on top and a small 12v power supply runs the fan. The setup provides a gentile air flow that dries the loop overnight.

I keep the fan unit, the power supply and the hanger in a small bag. It takes up almost no room and is easy to pack along if traveling.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by 4ster; 3rd March 2015 at 17:01.

RBW Member rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack will become famous soon enough rjack's Avatar
    Meg

This is just to dry the DSV and hoses right? I thought you had a revo so presumably would open the up to swab out the CLs.

I'm wondering if it would dry the inside of my top of shoulder CLs? If the hoses and CLs were connected but removed from the scrubber.

Steve Sprague 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

Yes, I use this to only dry my dsv and hoses. As you said, the rest rEvo dries well by just leaving the lid off and sopping up residual rinse water with a clean towel.

I *think* this size fan would also dry a loop with counterlungs connected. This only moves a little bit of air, I usually have to put pull a vacuum on the exhale side of the hoses to get the mushroom valves to unseat in the DSV. I wouldn't want a faster airflow as this may be hard on the mushroom valves. I think it may be possible that they would take a set in the blown open position with a stronger fan.

I would think any airflow is going to lower the humidity in the counterlungs and aid in drying.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by 4ster  View Original Post
    This is what I did:
    I purchased a small 12v computer fan and mounted it in a 1.5 inch PVC pipe coupler. On the other end of the coupler I glued a piece of flexible hose that mated with the inlet of the loop. After rinsing, the hose is hung with the fan on top and a small 12v power supply runs the fan. The setup provides a gentile air flow that dries the loop overnight.

I keep the fan unit, the power supply and the hanger in a small bag. It takes up almost no room and is easy to pack along if traveling.
    Wow that's great!
    Chett. L

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Quote Originally Posted by 4ster  View Original Post
    This is what I did:

Nice! Thanks for this!!

Sent from my PAP4500DUO using Tapatalk 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast