+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thank you Todd and Tiffany Winn for making my Maui trip rebreather friendly

RBW Member jdailey777 is an unknown quantity at this point jdailey777's Avatar
    Revo, Sport & classic kiss

Thank you Todd and Tiffany Winn for making my Maui trip rebreather friendly

I just wanted to publicly thank Todd and Tiffany Winn over on Maui in Hawaii for the rebreather support while on Island. I know that others have had difficulty in the past while bringing their units over and they are the reason I had a great experience with my Revo. The weather on the other hand .... well that's a whole different story.

I was recommended from another RBW member to contact Silent O Solutions for support, and I must say they came through with anything I needed. O2, Helium, Sorb, tanks, bailout tanks, and anything else I could have needed. I had planned on getting O2 from airgas while on Island as I have an account with them through my business, but it was much more convenient and cost effective to just buy it from Todd for a reasonable rate. I was going to bring my cuda with me while shipping my battery over and Todd even volunteered to help me with this as well.

Typically Maui has seemed anti-tec and anti-rebreather in the past as most of the islands business is rec cattle boats full of seasonal warm water divers-snorkelers making their pilgrimage out to Molokini . Talking with Todd and Tiff they are trying to change this. They have been working with one of the islands local charters to offer ways for ccr divers to get wet for more than the average 45min dip in and get out trip.

Do to weather my deep trips kept getting blown out, so I had no choice but to jump on a cattle boat just to get out to some decent vis. Later in the week, Tiff took me out on her day off on a boat she works on special just so that I could get a proper ccr dive in. As all of us know this made all the difference in the world in order to experience what Maui had to offer. 2 1/2hrs. of listening to the humpbacks, listening to pilot whales all around us. I finally was able to experience the movie as opposed to watching the two min. trailer on an aluminum 80. with the OW crowd.

I did not find the bottom of the Molokini back wall or spend hrs. over at Molokai swimming and drifting with the hammerheads do to weather, but..... I will be back!

As with most of us in this community, we all share a camaraderie, with a shared passion for the water and our equipment we use to get there. I feel like I made two new friends with Todd and Tiffany. I had a great time diving with her. Although I didn't dive with Todd yet, I look forward to going back and getting the opportunity to explore some of the ccr sites that they are able to take for granted and some of us dream to one day explore.

I highly recommend their business, and with more of us visiting, we will start to open more of the tec doors on Island.

Just so everyone knows, I am not affiliated with them in any way just a happy customer whom owns a small business and knows that not enough people say thank you!

Great job guys, can't wait to come back

Josh

Todd Winn DZLHED is on a distinguished road DZLHED is on a distinguished road DZLHED's Avatar
    MK15/ LAR V/ SF-2

Inspiration Vision/ Evolution

Re: Thank you Todd and Tiffany Winn for making my Maui trip rebreather friendly

Josh,

It was a pleasure to meet you. Tiff and I are looking forward to your return and more diving adventures. Thank you for the kind words. We aim to please.

RBW Member shagyluke is on a distinguished road shagyluke is on a distinguished road shagyluke's Avatar
    Meg Copis

My wife and I have wanted to go and dive there for a while, and haven't because we could not find anyone that would support CCR diving. Where did you stay? Give us some details on the trip. How did the flight with your gear go. Did you carry on your CCR? I am just full of questions. PM me if need be.

Thanks

AV

Muddiver Muddiver is an unknown quantity at this point Muddiver's Avatar
    Poseidon Cis Lunar 7

Smile Re: Thank you Todd and Tiffany Winn for making my Maui trip rebreather friendly

This is exciting news. I've been researching CCR support on Maui and all I've come up with is Maui Scuba Luv is a Poseidon dealer now and can supply gas and sorb, Lahaina Divers can pump O2, and that's about it.

If Silent O Solutions has 3L cylinders for rent, than I'm totally set to drag my rig over when I visit. Looking forward to some good quiet underwater photography in the near future around Maui.

RBW Member jdailey777 is an unknown quantity at this point jdailey777's Avatar
    Revo, Sport & classic kiss

Todd can definitely help you out with anything you need and I highly recommend him and his wife Tiffany! I rented a couple of carbon fiber tanks for my revo and fell in love but he has steel and aluminum in the size you need definitely worth talking to. He helped me with sorb and O2 as well as was going to blend a couple bottles of deep fun for me but the weather blew out and didn't allow for the trimix dill and bailout to be necessary

Josh

+ Reply to Thread