+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: mold allergies

RBW Member khandroma is an unknown quantity at this point khandroma's Avatar

Re: mold allergies

http://www.sanitize.com is the company that manufacture the steramine tablets. Theres a pic of an OC diver on this page. So likely the tablets are good for washing mouth pieces of regulators to stop bacterial diseases.

There are thousands of species of mold, (100,000 ish) only a few are human pathogens (Aspergillus niger is something you definitely dont want to get).
    If like me you have an allergy to mold - you want to avoid avidly any mold growth in your kit. Using a fungicide and making sure everything - loop lungs act dry out is essential. Molds love humid, damp.

There is lots of mis-information on the internet as I found when searching to see if the tablets were fungicidal. Th manufacturer explained that the tablets are not. But for some reason I also found information to suggest otherwise.

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Re: mold allergies

Seems like perhaps a 4x dose of steramine tablets perhaps 1x month might be warranted for a good fungicide,along with loop drying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2