+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dead mans rig

RBW Member dspe is an unknown quantity at this point dspe's Avatar

Dead mans rig

Sorry for the title but thats what it comes down to i was in a friends shop today and there was a AP classic on the work bench ,when i asked about it i was told that it belonged to a guy that had died in an accident in october 14,and was i interested ,his mother had brought all his dive gear to be sold,there is lights computers travel frame BMCL from AP m flex hoses his cuda had already gone,and lots more.
    My question is would you buy gear that was used by a guy that died using it ,it puts me off a bit, but his mum wants to sell before she gives it all to someone for 500$ .

Supporting Member fishegle is an unknown quantity at this point fishegle's Avatar
    MEG, Pathfinder, rEVO

KISS GEM, Prism II

Re: Dead mans rig

have it checked out and use it...

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

id would think it could be a lucky unit to buy. . now

whats the odds of two guys passing away on the same unit,

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar
    Inspo classic hacked about

As most people will tell you, its very rarely the kit that's the issue but the person using it! But as I know nothing of this case I wouldn't comment especially out of respect for the family.
    Regards
    Baz
    (PS I lost a good friend about 10 yrs ago and lots of his kit is still working flawlessly, ironically bits have even saved my bacon on a couple of dives - I know its slightly different as I knew my "donor").

RBW Member Capt Morgan is an unknown quantity at this point Capt Morgan's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Gobfish1  View Original Post
    id would think it could be a lucky unit to buy. . now

whats the odds of two guys passing away on the same unit,

My thoughts exactly.

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Quote Originally Posted by turtle dude  View Original Post
    As most people will tell you, its very rarely the kit that's the issue but the person using it! But as I know nothing of this case I wouldn't comment especially out of respect for the family.
    Regards
    Baz
    (PS I lost a good friend about 10 yrs ago and lots of his kit is still working flawlessly, ironically bits have even saved my bacon on a couple of dives - I know its slightly different as I knew my "donor").
    the unit i dive used to belong to a good m8 and diver , he passed away at hime in bed ,
    so not the same , but i allmost allways think of my good old m8 when i strap his unit on , andd its something i like about the unit

RBW Member Paul S is on a distinguished road Paul S is on a distinguished road Paul S's Avatar
    rEvo III Mini hCCR

Quote Originally Posted by dspe  View Original Post
    My question is would you buy gear that was used by a guy that died using it ,it puts me off a bit, but his mum wants to sell before she gives it all to someone for 500$ .
    I bought my unit from someone who was minutes, if not seconds from dying on it. Things was I had the luxury of being able to talk to both the owner and the rescuer. I knew everything about the incident, and knew it was nothing to do with the kit.

It all depends on the circumstances.

Will the guy selling it dive it?

+ Reply to Thread