+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inspo. not switching on

Custom Title Allowed! Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia's Avatar

Inspo. not switching on

Hello all,

Yesterday when I switched Inspo. on noticed that the master handset had switched on and the first screen was flickering and not changing to the next screen and you normally hear the solenoid fire! Then switched this off and the slave became master no problem. Switched on the problematic handset and yurned to slave. Switched master off and slave is now master no problem. Underwater solenoid was firing ok and dive was 71min. Underwater I switched to slave and master a couple of times no problem. On land I switched unit off and on, this time no problem. Then in garage I tried again and low battery appeared and no dive! Can all this hassle came from a low battery ? But then why this was not shown on handset ?

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Re: Inspo. not switching on

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Farrugia
    Hello all,

Yesterday when I switched Inspo. on noticed that the master handset had switched on and the first screen was flickering and not changing to the next screen and you normally hear the solenoid fire! Then switched this off and the slave became master no problem. Switched on the problematic handset and yurned to slave. Switched master off and slave is now master no problem. Underwater solenoid was firing ok and dive was 71min. Underwater I switched to slave and master a couple of times no problem. On land I switched unit off and on, this time no problem. Then in garage I tried again and low battery appeared and no dive! Can all this hassle came from a low battery ? But then why this was not shown on handset ?

Ohhhhhh thats definitely a cracked hand set. Despite the fact you will examine it closely and find no cracks :D

Having suffered the same problem I concluded its the micro switches in the hand set. These were apparently replaced during my recent repair. I suffered the above with what might have been a low battery but subsequent failures happened with batteries only one or two dives old.

The low battery warning didn't show up before the problem but like you after multiple switching on an off i managed to get a low battery warning in the end. I was told that the hand set is trying to boot up but when the cycle hits the test fire of the solenoid it causes a drain on the battery that re sets the hand set and it starts to boot up again.

This problem would appear secondary to the problem of rapid discharging of the batteries them selves. That is what I believe is caused by the faulty micro switches. I have no way of prooving this but it made sense to me when analising the known problems with the unit.

ATB

Mark Chase

Jani Haaja jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, Inspo Classic

HH Inspo

It can also only be a low battery problem. I have had that boot...boot...boot show up when switching on the handset. It shuts down when the solenoid fires and then starts immediately again.

JH

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Quote Originally Posted by jptaylor9
    Yes. the battery test as start-up on the classic doesn't test the battery under load, I've often had battery shown as OK on the surface only to get "low battery" 5 mins after leaving bottom of shot line (solenoid firing has drained battery & dropped voltage).

(I'm led to believe that the Vision electronics handles this better)

I was told by a person at APD that if you see the screen flicker/dim when the solenoid fires it's a good indication of a low battery. If it couldn't fire the solenoid, then it definately needed a new battery ;)

JT
    Thats why most of us change the battery as regular as our skiddy shreddies. With 7dayshop still doing dirt cheap prices it's a no brainer.
    Something we all put up with.

One day I might get round to doing a decent replacement handset enclosure.

Brent.
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

Custom Title Allowed! Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia is a glorious beacon of light Pierre Farrugia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by divetheworld
    Thats why most of us change the battery as regular as our skiddy shreddies. With 7dayshop still doing dirt cheap prices it's a no brainer.
    Something we all put up with.

Brent.
    Hello just check my battery usage, can someone compare it to his/hers
    7hrs , 15.5hrs , 9.6hrs , 15.4hrs , 15.6hrs , 8.7hrs , 10.3hrs (problem with handsets). Always used the Energizer!

Jani Haaja jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja is just really nice jhaaja's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, Inspo Classic

HH Inspo

My master has lasted from 11-16 hours. 16 with a lot of manual O2 addition. I use Panasonic and Maxell batteries.

JH

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Quote Originally Posted by jptaylor9
    So did I, normally every 10 -12 hours, rotated batteries, slave to master new into slave. Never had a "low battery" warning when I changed at this frequency. But it depends on back light use & how often/long the solenoid fires on your dives (i.e. you dive style)

Of course some people change both at same time ;)

JT
    Yup, that makes a lot of sense. I guess that you change them the same way I do? New in the slave, old slave in the master and keep rotating that way.

Brent

p.s. (Pierre)
    I use panasonics, they work nicely.
    Shite low batt warning on the classic as others have stated.
    Last edited by divetheworld; 29th May 2006 at 18:23.
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

RBW Member sddiverrob is an unknown quantity at this point sddiverrob's Avatar

Granted I'm a new Inspo diver but I had something similar happen to me yesterday while on vacation in Hawaii.

I switched on the master handset and it booted up to the Dive Now? screen. When I clicked to confirm it the handset rebooted and the slave took over as the master. Slave booted up just fine, couldn't be the batteries since they only have about 4 hours on them. While trouble shooting at the beach I noticed that the left slide switch was not all the way down, it had stopped about 3mm from the bottom. Switched it off and then back on, made sure the switch was all the way down and no problems. Oh yeah, and the dive was pretty good too.

Rob

SiegeEngine II Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon has a reputation beyond repute Mdemon's Avatar

Talking Re: Inspo. not switching on

Quote Originally Posted by divetheworld

A nice metal one? No more "cracked handsets where the hose goes in..."...

Perhaps you could replace the "on" lever too... That's an o-ring away from disaster.

While you're at it, turn it 90 degrees so I can mount it on my wrist. And add a slot for VR£. (And don't forget the MP3 player!!!)

Prototype by the weekend?

:)

Quote Originally Posted by sddiverrob
    Granted I'm a new Inspo diver but I had something similar happen to me yesterday while on vacation in Hawaii.

I switched on the master handset and it booted up to the Dive Now? screen. When I clicked to confirm it the handset rebooted and the slave took over as the master. Slave booted up just fine, couldn't be the batteries since they only have about 4 hours on them. While trouble shooting at the beach I noticed that the left slide switch was not all the way down, it had stopped about 3mm from the bottom. Switched it off and then back on, made sure the switch was all the way down and no problems. Oh yeah, and the dive was pretty good too.

Rob
    I also checked switches but non were stuck!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast