+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dolphin questions

New Member atty17 is an unknown quantity at this point atty17's Avatar

dolphin questions

I would like to increase the buoyancy capabilities of my dreager dolphin whilst on the surface has any one adapted the dolphin to take another wing custom diver wing OMS or equivilent also i am looking for spares for a dolphin o rings etc , and last but not least i am fitting an oxy 2 where can i get an adaptor to equalise the loop length
    cheers
    Phill

New Member ebon.hawk is an unknown quantity at this point ebon.hawk's Avatar

Re: dolphin questions

Quote Originally Posted by atty17
    I would like to increase the buoyancy capabilities of my dreager dolphin whilst on the surface has any one adapted the dolphin to take another wing custom diver wing OMS or equivilent also i am looking for spares for a dolphin o rings etc , and last but not least i am fitting an oxy 2 where can i get an adaptor to equalise the loop length
    cheers
    Phill
    Hi

I recently brought the V4TEC backplate adaptor ( www.v4tec.com ) to put my Halcyon wing on the dolphin, one thing I noticed on a check-out dive was the hoses could do with being a bit longer.

Spares - try www.danshop.com and for adaptors - www.tecme.de

Regards Andy

Darlene Starr - DIY Diva Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen's Avatar

cheers
    Phill
    Tecme is the place for adapters of all kinds.

If you have any plans of converting it to ccr, and haven't yet bought the oxy2, ...Don't. There are some issues with using the Oxy2 on a ccr setup.

If you already have it, it's fine for scr, but expect to upgrade if you're looking at ccr conversion.

Darlene

EXPLORER jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz has a spectacular aura about jdz's Avatar
    rEvo, PRISM, KISS

Modccr Dolphin, SM CCR, Satori

Hi Phill,

you might like to look at Ron's site for backplate adapters etc, here .. http://www.tmishop.com/
    look at his generation two and current photos...

Cheers, JDZ

RBW Member jar_uk1 is on a distinguished road jar_uk1 is on a distinguished road jar_uk1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ebon.hawk
    Hi

I recently brought the V4TEC backplate adaptor ( www.v4tec.com ) to put my Halcyon wing on the dolphin, one thing I noticed on a check-out dive was the hoses could do with being a bit longer.

Spares - try www.danshop.com and for adaptors - www.tecme.de

Regards Andy
    I also bought the v4tec adaptor, and added my Agir wing. I have a Dive rite transplate harness, which fits nicely onto the "skeleton"backplate from v4tec.

When assembled, the hose length was definately too short, so I ordered the 90Degree extensions from tecme, unfortunately I have not been able to get the unit wet since the addition of the adaptor, so I cannot report on how it feels in the water. I have some photos of the assembly if you are interested.

The Agir wing does not need another eyelet inserted in the back of the wing as it already has 6 eyelets. The new v4tec backplate uses a larger than standard distance between the fixings so some wings need an extra eyelet inserted.

I can recommend both v4tec and tecme, dealing with them has been a pleasure.

John R

New Member ebon.hawk is an unknown quantity at this point ebon.hawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jar_uk1
    was definately too short, so I ordered the 90Degree extensions from tecme, unfortunately I have not been able to get the unit wet since the addition of the adaptor, so I cannot report on how it feels in the water.
    John R
    Can confirm after taking my Dolphin in the pool tonight the hoses are too short, not sure what to do next, try and source longer hoses or remove the oxy2, add the 90 degree extensions and put in place another ppO2 monitoring solution ?

Andy

Darlene Starr - DIY Diva Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen has a brilliant future Scuba_Vixen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ebon.hawk
    Can confirm after taking my Dolphin in the pool tonight the hoses are too short, not sure what to do next, try and source longer hoses or remove the oxy2, add the 90 degree extensions and put in place another ppO2 monitoring solution ?

Andy
    The latter of the options is the way to go. Also be sure the unit sits as high up on your back as your mounting hole choices permit, and that the wing sits as low as it can.

Darlene

New Member gary sharp is an unknown quantity at this point gary sharp's Avatar

cheers
    Phill
    why donyt you add a vr2

cheers
    Phill
    The V4TEC Frame works fine for me plus the TECME 90° extensions.
    If you can get rid of the OXY 2 - DO IT!
    It´s a very unstable piece of equipment that made me consider getting something more reliable.
    Now I use the Delta P VR3 with Dolphin Connector and that works just great!

+ Reply to Thread