+ Reply to Thread

Thread: eagle CAD help

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar
    Inspo classic hacked about

eagle CAD help

Hi is there anyone about who could possibly help me out with eagle CAD, Ive been tinkering at a basic HUD (based on nicks from about 10yrs back, with help from Igor P). I'm reasonably happy with how the prototype works, so started to look into making/designing a circuit board.

I have very little electronic/design knowledge so please go easy on me.

I have done a schmatic and board lay out.

If anyone could give it a once over/offer advice, I would be really greatful.

Regards

Baz.

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Re: eagle CAD help

PM Sent.

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar
    Inspo classic hacked about

Hi,
    I've drawn up my circuit on Eagle (and tested it on a bread board) but dont know how to get the correct Gerber files to try and get a board made? I'm not bothered with component pictures, names and valves, just want a board covered in that green stuff with the pads free for me to solder onto. I plan on lurning more about this stuff but would love to get my hud running then play at my leasure over the winter.

If any one would be able to help that would be much apriciated.

Thanks
    Baz

RBW Member moose_grunt is an unknown quantity at this point moose_grunt's Avatar

Just getting into this myself. Sparkfun has a decent tutorial here: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials...agle-schematic . Part 1 is making the schematic, which then is used in part 2 to make the layout. They're worth a read.

Jim

Andy Pitkin apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin is just really nice apitkin's Avatar
    Prism 1

various

I use OSHPark. The boards are amazingly good quality, the price is ridiculously low, and you can just upload the .brd file straight from Eagle.

I see they ship anywhere in the world for free.

The only catch is you have to wait a couple of weeks.

Andy

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Thanks, Andy, nice to have an alternative.

We use FastPrint in China at work. They do good quality down to stupidly fine pitch stuff with your choice (at a cost) of different thickness boards and dielectric coefficients and all the crazy parameters that need controlling for high speed microprocessor boards. Perfect for what we do there.

But they're pretty exxy when you send 'em "I want a couple of these double sided boards with whatever your cheapest configuration is" and then they use DHL to deliver the boards which usually works out more than the boards did in the first place for simple ones!

Supporting Member nicklinux is an unknown quantity at this point nicklinux's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Darwin mCCR, MK15, Hobo, Flex

Hi Baz,
    Try Bay Area circuits, they have free PCB soft with autorouting function. http://bayareacircuits.com/pcb-creator/
    It's a lot easier to use than eagle and has pretty good component library. You can order board right from the program after you done with your design (and it's pretty cheap). Also you can try proteus 8 soft.. It's not free but offers a lot more than PCB design from bay circuits. Good luck with your project !
    Cheers Nick.

Sent from my MK15 electronics pod.

+ Reply to Thread