+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Secret Garden Tulum

RBW Member oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya has a spectacular aura about oya's Avatar
    Meg Apecs

KISS Classic

Secret Garden Tulum

Wife and I are looking to get down to Mexico a little differently this time. Instead of doing the hotel thing (always just stayed at Villas de Rosa in the past) our thought was to AirBnB, but then thought perhaps to try an actual BnB first.

One that caught my eye was a place called Secret Garden Tulum right in the middle of town. Looks cute, clean, no frills.

Anyone have any experience with them? How well they deal with cave gear? One particularly nice thing they have is a rental house with a bit of a private yard for hanging and drying kit (if it's safe to leave stuff to dry even in the yard).

If not them, what's your favorite small hotel in the area?

Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Poseidon MkVI

Re: Secret Garden Tulum

I've stayed at the Dos Ojos Lodge. It's right in the entrance to the Dos Ojos system. Owned by a couple of American Expats. No frills, just free coffee in the mornings. There is always someone there, so I had no problem with gear. I had my RB there for the 2 weeks I was there. Went to Playa and Tulum for dinner every night. No issues. It's cheap, clean, has wifi, but not much else.

Cheers - Chris

RBW Member HaisaiMatt is on a distinguished road HaisaiMatt is on a distinguished road HaisaiMatt's Avatar
    MK15.5, rEvo, Sentinel, LarV

Optima, MK15

Just stayed at Ahau Tulum with my girlfriend, and we loved it. We are both CCR Trimix divers, but it wasn't really a dive trip so it might not be the most convenient place to stay. It's about a 5-10 min drive into town, but there are a handful restaurants within walking distance. PM me if you are interested in more details.

Cheers,
    Matt

Let's go diving! mpement will become famous soon enough mpement will become famous soon enough mpement will become famous soon enough mpement's Avatar
    Megalodon

I visited a couple of CCR diver friends at Secret Garden and was impressed with how nice and private the garden was. They were happy and the place is very pretty.

Shirley White scubabooty is an unknown quantity at this point scubabooty's Avatar
    Meg Copis 2

Hollis Prism 2

Stayed there a couple of time. Owners and staff very friendly, comfortable and affordable accomodations. Unfortunatly the noise from the main drag filters through the grass roof, so my visit this year I'll be staying elseware

John H Hanzl johnnyh is an unknown quantity at this point johnnyh's Avatar
    rEvo Micro III

Sentinel Expedition Travel

Akumal...
    John Hanzl

Author, Out of Hell's Kitchen
    www.outofhellskitchen.com

+ Reply to Thread