+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Ocean Edge Outfitters must be mad at me

  1. #1
    Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Deerfield_Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,023
    rEvo

    Defender Optima Dolphin

    Ocean Edge Outfitters must be mad at me

    I sent Isabelle's rEvodream to Ocean Edge outfitters last week to get an estimate for the needed repairs. I got a call on Friday afternoon, from John with an estimate and turnaround time. I told him that I would let him know as soon as I was able to speak with Isabelle. When I called back they were already closed and I left a message.

    Monday morning and I start calling Ocean Edge. The first 4 or 5 times I do not leave a message in hopes of actually getting a human being to speak with. I am forced to give up and begin leaving messages.

    Tuesday morning and the same thing all over again. Tuesday evening I sent another email

    Wednesday morning yep yep yep. All this time and they can not return a phone call or my email to get my payment info.

    At this point I have to assume that they were swallowed by a giant sink hole, attacked by Isis, embezzeled the funds and went to BFE, or perhaps they are just too almighty to deal with me.

    This is just completely unexplainable behavior and a very poor business model to say the least.
    .
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing





    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

  2. #2
    Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Venice Beach, California
    Posts
    4,379
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

    Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

    Re: Ocean Edge Outfitters must be mad at me

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    I sent Isabelle's rEvodream to Ocean Edge outfitters last week to get an estimate for the needed repairs. I got a call on Friday afternoon, from John with an estimate and turnaround time. I told him that I would let him know as soon as I was able to speak with Isabelle. When I called back they were already closed and I left a message.

    Monday morning and I start calling Ocean Edge. The first 4 or 5 times I do not leave a message in hopes of actually getting a human being to speak with. I am forced to give up and begin leaving messages.

    Tuesday morning and the same thing all over again. Tuesday evening I sent another email

    Wednesday morning yep yep yep. All this time and they can not return a phone call or my email to get my payment info.

    At this point I have to assume that they were swallowed by a giant sink hole, attacked by Isis, embezzeled the funds and went to BFE, or perhaps they are just too almighty to deal with me.

    This is just completely unexplainable behavior and a very poor business model to say the least.
    Don,

    Most likely Tony's behind this...

    Best regards,
    Chett. L

  3. #3
    RBW Member ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bloomington, Minnesota
    Posts
    196
    Inspiration, rEvo micro

    Re: Ocean Edge Outfitters must be mad at me

    Well if it makes you feel any better, I sent them a email Jan.11 and still no reply :-(

    Al

  4. #4
    Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NJ - USA
    Posts
    2,326
    JJ, Flex

    rEvo III, Optima, GEM

    Ocean Edge Outfitters must be mad at me

    Try calling Diveseekers. Maybe there's something wrong with the phone lines. Same folks.


    iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

  5. #5
    RBW Member Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester will become famous soon enough Sly-vester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    352
    rEvo III Magnum

    Re: Ocean Edge Outfitters must be mad at me

    I have had nothing but great service from them.

  6. #6
    RBW Member JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF is a jewel in the rough JasonF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NORTHEAST USA
    Posts
    383
    rEvo III Hyb Min, rEvo II STD

    CK, SK, CCR 2000, Dolphin, Ray

    Re: Ocean Edge Outfitters must be mad at me

    Hi Don,

    I apologize in advance, I have been out of the office on a personal mater and our service tech is sick as a dog. All of that aside, you are correct, we should have communicated with you.

    I will reach out to you offline.

    Thanks,

    Jason

  7. #7
    RBW Member bmwgsboy will become famous soon enough bmwgsboy will become famous soon enough bmwgsboy will become famous soon enough bmwgsboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    281
    rEVO rms

    Insp, Meg

    Re: Ocean Edge Outfitters must be mad at me

    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    Try calling Diveseekers. Maybe there's something wrong with the phone lines. Same folks.


    iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken I called you 5 min ago with no call back??? What's up with that????
    All kidding aside Jason runs a tight ship there service is the best in ever have encountered in the dive industry.

  8. #8
    Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Deerfield_Beach, Florida
    Posts
    4,023
    rEvo

    Defender Optima Dolphin

    Re: Ocean Edge Outfitters must be mad at me

    Don't get me wrong. I was not trashing them, I was merely trying to find out what the problem was. I have always been completely happy with both their customer service and communications.

    John called me a few minutes ago and all is good in my little world again.
    .
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing





    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

  9. #9
    Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NJ - USA
    Posts
    2,326
    JJ, Flex

    rEvo III, Optima, GEM

    Re: Ocean Edge Outfitters must be mad at me

    Quote Originally Posted by bmwgsboy  View Original Post
    Ken I called you 5 min ago with no call back??? What's up with that????
    Some of us have to occasionally concentrate on our work. Others just play in their Tonka trucks all day.
    Ken

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

  10. #10
    RBW Member FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC is just really nice FrancoC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    With muppets in cowboy hats
    Posts
    376
    rEvo III mini

    Re: Ocean Edge Outfitters must be mad at me

    Quote Originally Posted by bmwgsboy  View Original Post
    Ken I called you 5 min ago with no call back???
    Ken...I tried to call you and am still waiting for a call back too. In the meantime I called Don and pretended I was John @ OceanEdge & he bought it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts