+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Two deaths in Thailand

RBW Member Grumpish is an unknown quantity at this point Grumpish's Avatar

Two deaths in Thailand

Two deaths in Khao Sok National Park in southern Thailand -

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nati...-30250696.html

RBW Member mdma946552 is an unknown quantity at this point mdma946552's Avatar
    inspo clasic

Re: Two deaths in Thailand

its new to me they keep a tide lid on this. sad and sorry cos now its going to be shut down by the Thai government so nobody can dive there

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

So very Sad R.I.P Condolences to Their Family & Friends

I hope We will receive more Info. not holding my Breath though

RBW Member MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb is a jewel in the rough MikeWebb's Avatar
    KISS

I read it as they the government aren't shutting it down but will only allow diving for scientific purposes. i.e. All divers will have to have/pay for a special permit. Remember to tick the "scientific purposes" box and list scientific body.

I'm sure there will be a local scientific body formed that you could join on the day for an annual fee or guest researcher fee. It is Thailand after all.

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWebb  View Original Post
    I read it as they the government aren't shutting it down but will only allow diving for scientific purposes. i.e. All divers will have to have/pay for a special permit. Remember to tick the "scientific purposes" box and list scientific body.

I'm sure there will be a local scientific body formed that you could join on the day for an annual fee or guest researcher fee. It is Thailand after all.

Its always a tragedy to loose divers especially experienced ones. I have been diving in the region over a decade and it has recently become very popular with recreational divers not only the cave divers and this is high risk given the depth and logistics if something happens. Im not surprised they have closed access and as of today their is no news on the future of diving in the lake, all this permit stuff is speculation at this stage.

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Any updates on the cave opening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member BlueLabelDiving is an unknown quantity at this point BlueLabelDiving's Avatar
    Meg, Inspo, homebuilt

The governor has held meetings with dive and boat operators, they will reopen the park for diving, but with high entrance fees as expected. They're also looking to implement an advisory board compiled by dive operators and govt officials to increase safety.

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

At least it's open, let's hope it stays that way and governance doesn't lead to corruption.

RBW Member mdma946552 is an unknown quantity at this point mdma946552's Avatar
    inspo clasic

Quote Originally Posted by Garth  View Original Post
    At least it's open, let's hope it stays that way and governance doesn't lead to corruption.

in thailand noway

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Did anyone ever read what rebreathers were involved?
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast