+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cell Subscriptions

RBW Member Agent 47 is on a distinguished road Agent 47 is on a distinguished road Agent 47's Avatar
    rEvo 3 mini RMS

Megladon

Cell Subscriptions

I was thinking, have any of the retailers like Add Helium or Ocean Edge Outfitters considered offering a cell subscription plan? I have found myself forgetting to regularly change my cells and then its a sizable expense to change them all. What if the retailers could set up a monthly payment where they can charge me $15 per month and every 6 months a new $90 cell shows up in my mailbox. This would help the customer be safer by always having new cells in rotation and the retailer would get a steady stream of income and most likely sell more cells overall.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Re: Cell Subscriptions

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 47  View Original Post
    I was thinking, have any of the retailers like Add Helium or Ocean Edge Outfitters considered offering a cell subscription plan? I have found myself forgetting to regularly change my cells and then its a sizable expense to change them all. What if the retailers could set up a monthly payment where they can charge me $15 per month and every 6 months a new $90 cell shows up in my mailbox. This would help the customer be safer by always having new cells in rotation and the retailer would get a steady stream of income and most likely sell more cells overall.
    I am pretty sure that ADD HELIUM has or had such a plan. I would contact Tony Land.

RBW Member tauchdiscounter is an unknown quantity at this point tauchdiscounter's Avatar
    Inspiration, Poseidon MKVI

Dolphin, Ray, Azimuth AF

In Europe such a plan is offered by Sauerstoffsensoren.de
    You can choose between 6, 12 or 18 month plans.

But as far as i know it is not very common in Europe to regular change the cells or buy them with a regular plan.

Christian

Owner
    PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis is a jewel in the rough PSotis's Avatar
    Revo,Optima, Prism, Meg, Pos 7

Kiss,Evo, Sentinel,Pathfinder,

Add Helium did have a subscription plan for O2 cells. We were certain people would appreciate the convenience of not having to worry about when they should order cells. Also, there are times when we simply can't get enough cells from the manufacturers. The subscription program insured that you always got your cells without delay. We eventually ended the program because so few people participated. It seemed to be one of those things that everyone said they would sign up for, but in the end, the preferred to manage it themselves. We would have no problem reinstating the program if we felt enough people would participate.

Who would like to participate?

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

It is a nice idea, but I think there are too many variables to make it popular. The OP suggested a monthly fee of $15 so that a new $90 cell shows up every 6 months. But I can buy cells for less than that. It depends what kind of cell will show up? AI cells are often available for $70 or so. Sometimes deals are available for Vandegraph cells too, but they're usually $90 or more. So now you have to have a program with different monthly fees depending on which cell you want. And then cancel your delivery if you happen to find a good deal in the interim. It reminds me of the old Record Club deals where you got 30 albums for 1 cent if you agreed to buy more, and they sent you one automatically every month unless you contacted them first. I'm sure most people on here don't remember that. In fact they probably don't even know what a "record" is. So I should just swallow my Geritol and go take a nap.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Cognitive surrender TopLeft is an unknown quantity at this point TopLeft's Avatar
    Evolution+

Evolution

Cell Subscriptions

Quote Originally Posted by PSotis  View Original Post
    Add Helium did have a subscription plan for O2 cells. We were certain people would appreciate the convenience of not having to worry about when they should order cells. Also, there are times when we simply can't get enough cells from the manufacturers. The subscription program insured that you always got your cells without delay. We eventually ended the program because so few people participated. It seemed to be one of those things that everyone said they would sign up for, but in the end, the preferred to manage it themselves. We would have no problem reinstating the program if we felt enough people would participate.

Who would like to participate?

I'd sign up. True, deals may be out there but simpler for me to have an established schedule and pay for the automation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver will become famous soon enough SlowDiver's Avatar
    Hammerhead Hybrid

Cell Subscriptions

My take is it might have been a good idea in the past but as the CCR divers are getting more educated on cell characteristics the program may not work as planned. The reason is the pressure pots that have now came into the market.
    Can't speak for all CCR divers but for me I keep a track of the cells performance and it's easy to put the cell at 2 ata. I run four cells and in a perfect world would change one out every 6 months but since all cells are not perfect I usually have too change one out before I can get a year out of it. There goes my timing with ever six months so have to place a order.
    Since I live close to the Gulf and caves I may dive more that some CCR divers so I sure wouldn't want to wait until my schedule cell arrival time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    .........<snip>.......
    So I should just swallow my Geritol and go take a nap.
    I just knew that if I waited long enough, you would finally type something that no one would argue with. LOL
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

John Routley
    narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90 has a brilliant future narked at 90's Avatar

we looked at this too and our website is capable of doing it automatically, but im sorry to say there is another problem you guy may not be aware of.
    recurring payments are banned by many of the payment gateways and merchant bank accounts because it has to bypass some of the 3D security.

kind regards john
    you know...life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
    Its about learning to dance in the rain..

Supporting Shearwater Research Products in Europe

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Just a thought here:

What about if the participating vendor were to email out reminders that it is time to order a new cell? My dentist does this to remind me that it is time for another checkup. I then take the appropriate action.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast