+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BOV connection to off-board bailout

RBW Member woofy is an unknown quantity at this point woofy's Avatar
    jjccr

Re: BOV connection to off-board bailout

Quote Originally Posted by Plato  View Original Post
    Can someone walk me through the necessary parts and configuration for attaching a BOV to an off-board bailout bottle. I have seen some pictures of detached hose configurations, etc. but I am not sure I am getting the whole picture on hose routing, connections, etc.

I have not used a BOV yet, but I think I want to set it up so it is plugged into off-board gas rather than on-board diluent. I dive an Optima.

If this has been discussed to death already and is an old topic I apologize.

All suggestions are appreciated.
    have a look at the Omni swivel switching block they come in left and right hand they have two out and one in ports I have my inboard and one of board connected to it the inboard is permanently attached and the offboard is connected via a Omni swivel hi flow quick release I have also attached a tee fitting inline on the bov hose and have a long hose running around my right with a shut off and quick release coupling that will plug into my other off board gas supply so I can run both my off board gas supplies thru my bov I hope this may help as I was looking around for a while to see how I could connect both as simply as possible
    good luck

RBW Member rongoodman is an unknown quantity at this point rongoodman's Avatar
    Prism 2

I have a Prism 2 and room is very limited at the BOV itself. I have the Omniswivel female connector on the regulator of the BO tank, and the male connector on the end of the hose from the BOV, plus a couple of adaptors to make everything fit. It's easy to just reach around and plug the hose in after attaching the tank.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Clive O' Driscoll  View Original Post
    All my off boards have regs on that are hand tight so I can swap to another gas if (in the very unlikley event) I need to SCR

Just unscrew reg, stick in pocket,

Mark,

Just wondering, do You just have the Reg, Attached to LPI and Not LPI aswell?

Sorry Clive not quite folowing the question

I have a standard reg hose with a standard reg on all my off board bailout

I also have a 1.5m hose with a standard screw on reg fitting that screws directly on to my BOV

All my regs are hand tight

I bailout to off board gas 7ltr or 10ltr side mount tank by switching over the BOV to OC.

I have a reg on this tank incase I need to hand it off or incase the BOV has failed for some reasion.

Normaly once I have finished with the deep bailout Ill switch to OC for the intermediate or shalow bailout tins

If I need to go SCR on intermediate gas Ill gas off the deep bailout. Purge the reg, unscrew the 1.5m hose

Gas off my intermediate bailout, unscrew the reg, screw its hose on my BOV then screw the now spare reg on my 1.5m hose so I can turn the deep bailout back on

Id be on loop SCR whilst doing this

If I need to do the same with shalow gas id repeat the process. Unscrew shalow reg and screw on intermediat tank hose gas up incase I need it and screw shalow reg hose on to BOV for scr use.

Bit of a faf but I think the chances ill ever need to do this are small

I just need to know the option is availabel.

ATB

Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2