+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HOLLIS PRISM BMCL & KIRBY MORGAN M-48 MOD1 & EXPLORER at DEMA 2014 PICTURES

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: HOLLIS PRISM BMCL & KIRBY MORGAN M-48 MOD1 & EXPLORER at DEMA 2014 PICTURES

Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7  View Original Post
    As always thanks for pix, Chett.
    Hi Stefan,

Glad you poked your head in inside RBW. Like to see you post here, reminds me of the old days. Who Loves ya baby....................

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by Pete  View Original Post
    Chett,
    Great pics, Nice detail!
    About the mask... The face seal / skirt, is all new. It has a much wider, more comfortable sealing flap. It will also be available with a trim able seal that runs from the lower edge of the seal under the chin, going upwards. The taller seal is more suited to divers such as the lovely example you have posted in the above pics. Small face divers usually lose the seal under the chin, so this added feature will pretty much eliminate that. On each side of the interior of the mask, there is a gas passage that runs from each eye cavity, to the area just below the nose dam/ seal. They were mainly designed for a different application for this mask, but also serve well in allowing gas to flow into the upper cavity and help to defog the lenses. A simple technique works well to do this. The "POD" that holds the BOV, uses the same silicone bellows that was used on the KMDSI NATO pod. The other components holding it in place are all new, including the stabilizing bar, that can be used to locate the mouthpiece in several different IN or OUT positions. That removes the entire loading on the jaw typically encountered. It puts that load entirely on the mask and straps. The unique feature of being able to separate the pod/BOV from the mask is also a great feature. Am attachable hood is also being done right now and will come in a variety of sizes and thickness'. I used to get calls asking "Does the seal of the hood go over or under the mask?" This will take care of that.. If you get a chance to try one, even with O.C., Do it. I think you will like it. Besides, it just adds more safety to things.
    Regards,
    Pete
    Hi Pete,

Thanks for the detail write up....

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by udtabn  View Original Post
    i know fmcl was something peter r was adamant about for wob how does the new bmcl stack up ? i hope well ,,,,as i hate fmcl but i love low wob ....steve

Hi Steve,

Having the front open is nice, however the work of breathing is outstanding on the Prism.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2