+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Closed circut road

New Member brettwambach is an unknown quantity at this point brettwambach's Avatar

Thumbs up Closed circut road

Iíve been fascinated with rebreathers for years now and always wanted to give it a try, two things have always been an obstacle in regards to trying out a closed circuit system and that was opportunity and cost. Originally from South Africa, rebreathers were things I only read of in books and now that I have been in the UK for a couple years I have actually met some people who use these systems. What would be the best way to test such a unit? I know its very expensive to buy a unit and do a course, is there such a thing as a rebreather try dive. Whatís the best route to see if I would enjoy rebreather diving and if so, the route to follow to become a rebreather diver?

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Hi

Hi Brett,

there are a number of Instructors that offer try dives in the UK. One of our regulars here does - Dave Cooper, he can be contacted on 07733018061 or his we site is http://www.zerogravitydiving.com.

I'm sure when you have tried it you wont look back, its just deciding which unit you go for then.

I guess your main choices would be the simple and ultra reliable Kiss, the main stream Inspiration or baby Evolution or the high end Megalodon.

Be sure to browse our Rebreather Articles as we add content to cover each of them.

Cheers

Stuart

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Brett,

I always recommend RB intros, as they'll give you a basic idea about the unit, how it feels to be on a rebreather and if it is something you want to do. Oh yes, and they're fun.

Just visit Ambient Pressure and Jetsam's website, they both have instructor listings. For the Megalodon you can check if there is a UK based instructor on IANTD's website, they have an instructor search engine. For the Prism there is no active instructor in Europe at the moment.

If you decide to do a tryout, make sure you're around for pre-dive and post-dive procedures. They vary from model to model and will give you a good look inside and what's involved with diving the unit.

Stefan

+ Reply to Thread