+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Diving after chemotherapy

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Re: Diving after chemotherapy

Have you consulted DAN?

Richie

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Diving after chemotherapy

Chuck. Great to see you posting with this behind you.

Dive safe!

Mark

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Quote Originally Posted by taliena  View Original Post
    Sadly I have a friend and divemate that has now chemo with bleomycin too. He is told that he normally can return diving in summer again (needs 3 treatments, different type of cancer). In the past they said with bleomycin that you never could go diving again because of the existing sensitiveness on oxygen, but nowadays the doses given of bleomycin is lower without affecting the chances to heal and in most cases diving is possible again without any limitations. I believe they advise some tests after the chemo to make sure that diving is ok. Hope you will be lucky to dive again. I can only say go for it and don't accept 'we don't know, so better not' advices.

Oh, that is great to hear! Thank you!

Dive addict taliena is an unknown quantity at this point taliena's Avatar

end of december my friend had his last chemo. Half january doctors said he can do what he want again. He still suffers with being tired and sometimes dizzyness, but he is cleared to dive again. He will wait till weather is better, it is winter now. And he does not trust his dizzyness now. But when lucky you can be fast again under water. He will wait with diving, he started cycling and running again now. But when he want he can go again.
    Last edited by taliena; 14th February 2015 at 19:52.

RBW Member seaturtle is an unknown quantity at this point seaturtle's Avatar

Just a quick update, because I hated finding these posts on the internet that had no conclusions.
    I"m basically back to normal decompression dives with the rebreather two years since starting treatment. I did dive very conservative profiles at first with low ppo2's (.07)
    A lung specific CT scan months after the chemo showed only minimal fibrosis.
    Happy to answer more specific questions if anyone comes across this.
    Capt. Chuck Wade
    631-335-6323

Thinker n Tinkerer Sparedone is an unknown quantity at this point Sparedone's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz

Bp240/bmr500, BG174

Quote Originally Posted by seaturtle  View Original Post
    Just a quick update, because I hated finding these posts on the internet that had no conclusions.
    I"m basically back to normal decompression dives with the rebreather two years since starting treatment. I did dive very conservative profiles at first with low ppo2's (.07)
    A lung specific CT scan months after the chemo showed only minimal fibrosis.
    Happy to answer more specific questions if anyone comes across this.
    Capt. Chuck Wade
    631-335-6323
    Glad to hear it! And thanks for keeping us updated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2