+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: APOC - Dive Reports & Exploration Activities

RBW Member Capt Morgan is an unknown quantity at this point Capt Morgan's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Re: APOC - Dive Reports & Exploration Activities

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey  View Original Post
    I would rather whack my post than start another thread.
    That would be another forum let alone another thread

RBW Member larry_berlin will become famous soon enough larry_berlin will become famous soon enough larry_berlin will become famous soon enough larry_berlin's Avatar
    APOC IV

Quote Originally Posted by Simon A  View Original Post
    Darn, Beaten by 1 #014
    First unit serial number #021,
    second is number #452 (delivered in spring 2014).

I don't have underwater photos/videos of my APOC in action.

See here a photo from a dive boat in Egypt in autum 2011.

IMG_3263.jpg

Original inflator hose was around 10cm too long for me, so I shortened it, as you see.

Tanks are 5 liter, from dive center (a little bit big, but no need for extra bail out tank for recreational dives).

First version of sensor pod from tecme, where I attached a hardwired shearwater for ppo2 monitoring.

Best regards

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by larry_berlin  View Original Post
    First unit serial number #021,
    second is number #452 (delivered in spring 2014).

I don't have underwater photos/videos of my APOC in action.

See here a photo from a dive boat in Egypt in autum 2011.

Attachment 35581

Original inflator hose was around 10cm too long for me, so I shortened it, as you see.

Tanks are 5 liter, from dive center (a little bit big, but no need for extra bail out tank for recreational dives).

First version of sensor pod from tecme, where I attached a hardwired shearwater for ppo2 monitoring.

Best regards

Hello Larry, thanks for the photo, that is one wide CCR. How is the comfort/ergonomics of the BOV? It looks a bit bulky and possibly restrictive... -Andy

Prism 'prentice Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike is a splendid one to behold Mike's Avatar
    Prism

Quote Originally Posted by silent running  View Original Post
    Hello Larry, thanks for the photo, that is one wide CCR. How is the comfort/ergonomics of the BOV? It looks a bit bulky and possibly restrictive... -Andy
    I only had my unit in the water a couple of times before I sold it.

In that time I didn't like the BOV.

Compared to the stock Prism DSV, it's large and I found the angled solid pipe section disconcerting. And I hit myself in the back of the head with it at least 1/2 dozen times, which hurts.

In the water it wasn't too bad - it was the stiffness of the hoses that stood out the most for me, again I suspect that was due to it being different, rather than necessarily bad.

I should point out that I've never felt the need for a BOV on any unit, particularly the Prism, so the clutter and reduced mobility caused by the hose isn't something I'm used to at all.

Mike

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Mike  View Original Post
    I only had my unit in the water a couple of times before I sold it.

In that time I didn't like the BOV.

Compared to the stock Prism DSV, it's large and I found the angled solid pipe section disconcerting. And I hit myself in the back of the head with it at least 1/2 dozen times, which hurts.

In the water it wasn't too bad - it was the stiffness of the hoses that stood out the most for me, again I suspect that was due to it being different, rather than necessarily bad.

I should point out that I've never felt the need for a BOV on any unit, particularly the Prism, so the clutter and reduced mobility caused by the hose isn't something I'm used to at all.

Mike

Hi Mike, yeah, looks like exactly what you're describing. I didn't much like having a BOV on the Prism for the short time I had one.

Manufacturers should give more thought to the ease of don/doffing. During my trimix training, which had me using a standard tech web harness under the CL's, I hated getting hit in the head with the loop when it would flip back over on me every time I tried squeezing into the harness on a pitching boat. Still love the stock P1 system of load baring CL's. My more tech friendly unit has been adapted with a simple web belt which is threaded through the CL loops and a single web crotch strap. Easy to get in an out of with the loop in normal position. I guess those brilliant CE people don't have any requirements that a CCR loop not be likely to smack you in the head while you're donning... -Andy
    Last edited by silent running; 21st November 2014 at 05:18.

RBW Member Oldefors is on a distinguished road Oldefors is on a distinguished road Oldefors's Avatar
    Apoc O2-OEM with HW PO2

IDA-71, mCCR

I'm an EA and took delivery of #018 as soon as OSEL started splitting iCCR orders.

I made my own 3-cell O2 pod using a RevoDream and a HW HUD.

I haven't dived it more than ~40 dives + pool dives, max depth 48m.

I have had two issues while diving - the stuck O2 button and a punctured BC bladder, both in the pool.
    While carrying it to the pool I dropped the ALVBOV purge button.
    All taken care of by OSEL, free of charge.

Second worst drawback is the width when wreck diving.
    Worst drawback is the the way OSEL company representatives communicate to the public.

RBW Member larry_berlin will become famous soon enough larry_berlin will become famous soon enough larry_berlin will become famous soon enough larry_berlin's Avatar
    APOC IV

Quote Originally Posted by silent running  View Original Post
    Hi,

the ALVBOV is bulky but as other posters said under water not that heavy as it seems.
    I think it depends on personal preferences, for some it is not very comftable and has restricted possibility for free movement of head. But for me it works fine and I 'm lucky with, especiallly with wide range of
    functionality, like BOV, ADV, DSV, MAV Dil at the same system.

The problem Mike mentioned (hit in the back of head when do on), I didn't suffer from.
    Last edited by larry_berlin; 21st November 2014 at 11:04.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5