+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Hollis Prism 2 BMCL & More at DEMA 2014

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

New Hollis Prism 2 BMCL & More at DEMA 2014

Hollis will have at their DEMA booth a Back mounted counter lungs for the Hollis Prism 2.

The new lung will be shipping January 2015. Unit with BMCL is on the left side, sits on top of the shoulder or MB depending on how the lung is positioned.
    Last edited by Chett.L; 12th November 2014 at 01:59.
    Chett. L

RBW Member Pat O'Brien is an unknown quantity at this point Pat O'Brien's Avatar
    Hollis Prism2

Re: New Hollis Prism 2 BMCL & More at DEMA 2014

Very Cool, can you tell us will this be plug and play or will it require training to purchase?

I use my counterlungs as my shoulder harness on my unit, from the looks of it i would have to reinstall the harness i bet.

Is that a double bladder wing also, i didn't know hollis offer double bladder wings.

saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas has a brilliant future saveourseas's Avatar
    Mk15.5, Prism, Prism2

Ray, Dolphin, Mk15

Quote Originally Posted by Pat O'Brien  View Original Post
    Very Cool, can you tell us will this be plug and play or will it require training to purchase?

I use my counterlungs as my shoulder harness on my unit, from the looks of it i would have to reinstall the harness i bet.

Is that a double bladder wing also, i didn't know hollis offer double bladder wings.
    Yes, you need to install a harness for the TOS CL's. It is the standard badder that comes with the unit.
    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." Winston Churchill
    A is A

Banned CGOUGHN is an unknown quantity at this point CGOUGHN's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2

Poseidon MkVI

Quote Originally Posted by saveourseas  View Original Post
    Yes, you need to install a harness for the TOS CL's. It is the standard badder that comes with the unit.

When will there be data available about them? 3.5L or 2.5L? Will any modifications need to be made to the H-plate or will they just attach to the harness somehow? What about draining them?

Realistically, when will Hollis actually make these available to dealers? Last time I heard January from Hollis...it was quite a big later that the product was actually available.

Cheers - Chris

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Is there a check valve, and a device that allows you to remove water from each of the counter lungs.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Supporting Member darushin is an unknown quantity at this point darushin's Avatar
    Prisim 2 & Kiss Spirit LTE

GEM, Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by saveourseas  View Original Post

How does this change the WOB of the unit? One of the things that sold me on the Prism 2 was how easy it is to breathe. I am asking because on of the things that drives me crazy about it is the way it leaves me with no D-rings on my chest.

RBW Member divebuddy is an unknown quantity at this point divebuddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Hollis will have at their DEMA booth a Back mounted counter lungs for the Hollis Prism 2.

The new lung will be shipping January 2015. Unit with BMCL is on the left side, sits on top of the shoulder or MB depending on how the lung is positioned.
    what is de advantice if you have these lungs??

RBW Member Imperator is an unknown quantity at this point Imperator's Avatar
    Prism 2

Are there any dealers out there that carry the BMCL's for the PRISM 2 yet or are they still in a "testing" phase? Definitely wouldn't mind getting a set for my own prism....

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Quote Originally Posted by divebuddy  View Original Post
    what is de advantice if you have these lungs??
    Some might say that the whole idea behind having rear mounted counter lungs is to have a less cluttered on the front of your chest, my opinion this development originally became popular from the commercial diving industry or Marine biology etc. They need the space to be able to work in front of them. Also good if hanging a ton of stage bottles on your unit. A lot of folks prefer this to for cave and wreck penetration.
    From the recreational standpoint having dived both rear mounted counter lungs and over the shoulder counter lungs there's advantages and disadvantages to both of them.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

RBW Member ScubaJim09 is an unknown quantity at this point ScubaJim09's Avatar
    Hollis Explorer

Any news on the Kirby Morgan Mod-1 FFM?? There was an article on the Hollis site about it but nothing about a release date...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast