+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: SANTI E.Lite or E.Motion. Arguments Please!

Supporting Member fdarden is on a distinguished road fdarden is on a distinguished road fdarden's Avatar
    Revo Micro

Re: SANTI E.Lite or E.Motion. Arguments Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ferguson  View Original Post
    my experience of the Elite is that
    seams have leaked,
    it's holed in other places,
    the flexsole boots are truly crap and had to be replaced,
    the metal zip failed (porous fabric part) and had to replaced,
    the braces lost their elasticity,
    the internal chest pocket has a die cast zip that corroded and failed,
    the backing of the pocket material fell apart

it looks the part and is OK to wear but I doubt I'd buy another.

There are other suits out there that are harder wearing and more dependable, but I have yet to find the perfect suit.
    Everything you describe above happened to me except the leaking seams. I also had Gamble replace my leaking plastic zipper with a brass one last year. My boots are completely worn out. I still like my suit a lot and have really enjoyed diving it. I have no reference as to how long it should actually last, but I bought my suit in mid 2014 if that helps. I plan to use it again this winter.

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Nicool  View Original Post
    That's a good one :D
    How did you glue these, just some layer of aquaseal or something more tricky?
    Since the tape is merely decorative and not something that seals the seam, I just used black seal cement. Quick, easy and done in a few minutes.

Sent from my E500A using Tapatalk
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Prince of darkness Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits is just really nice Hyper-limits's Avatar
    Megalodon

Did you identify which part was failing? The zip itself or the surrounding black material, or stiching?

Apart from that, are you happy with the flexsoles durability, no holes from there? An Emotion diver told me he got some leaks from these who were getting worn out.

How many dives did your suit enjoy over these 3 years?

Nicolas
    Hi Nicolas

The plastic zipper itself was failing at the base of teeth, I would say I had just over 200 dives on the suit, from experience brass zipper usually last over 500 dives. Very happy with flexsoles so far no issues with holes or leaks.

Cheers,

Al

RBW Member Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson will become famous soon enough Mike Ferguson's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit & bits

inspo classic

Thanks guys for the extra feedbacks, much useful!

Wow that's not a very good track record, did this happen to you all in 1 suit?
    Which year did you buy it?
    I am asking because i believe Santi listens market feedbacks and improve their products over time.

Cheers
    Nicolas
    one suit. made in 2010 suit braces went in a couple of years (i have a DUI that's well over 10 years old and the braces are still fine), chasing seam leaks and holes by 2013, pockets were falling apart by 2014, boots went in 2014, zip 2015, chest pocket zip 2015.

I wouldn't mind if it got regularly hammered but it's my backup / travel suit so doesn't even get a lot of use. I had an O3 that still looked like new after 5 years and never ever leaked and have a CF200X that's well over 10 years old and have only ever had seals replaced.

others may have different views but if you buy one get socks and rockboots instead of the flex soles as they truly are a weak point.

Suits normally last me @ 6 years and I'd be expecting to change seals after 3-4 years.

I've had the following drysuits over the years that were used regularly:
    8mm neoprene Northern Diver
    5mm compressed ND
    4mm compressed ND
    O3 Ri2/100
    DUI CF200X
    Santi Elite

I actually like the E-Lite as a suit and it's nice to dive in and mobility is good but the reality is that I've had more repair work done to the E-lite than any other suit I've ever owned. The driest suit was by far and away the O3, the most comfortable suit to wear is a toss up between the CF200X or the Elite with probably the CF200X just having the edge on general comfort, mobility and ease of swimming, and it's warmer.

Saying that the O3 is a pretty comfy suit as well and I'd say far and away the best value for money.
    Last edited by Mike Ferguson; 28th October 2017 at 18:04.

RBW Member Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool is on a distinguished road Nicool's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT RMS

Poseidon Discovery Mark VI

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ferguson  View Original Post
    one suit. made in 2010 suit braces went in a couple of years (i have a DUI that's well over 10 years old and the braces are still fine), chasing seam leaks and holes by 2013, pockets were falling apart by 2014, boots went in 2014, zip 2015, chest pocket zip 2015.

I wouldn't mind if it got regularly hammered but it's my backup / travel suit so doesn't even get a lot of use. I had an O3 that still looked like new after 5 years and never ever leaked and have a CF200X that's well over 10 years old and have only ever had seals replaced.

others may have different views but if you buy one get socks and rockboots instead of the flex soles as they truly are a weak point.

Suits normally last me @ 6 years and I'd be expecting to change seals after 3-4 years.

I've had the following drysuits over the years that were used regularly:
    8mm neoprene Northern Diver
    5mm compressed ND
    4mm compressed ND
    O3 Ri2/100
    DUI CF200X
    Santi Elite

I actually like the E-Lite as a suit and it's nice to dive in and mobility is good but the reality is that I've had more repair work done to the E-lite than any other suit I've ever owned. The driest suit was by far and away the O3, the most comfortable suit to wear is a toss up between the CF200X or the Elite with probably the CF200X just having the edge on general comfort, mobility and ease of swimming, and it's warmer.

Saying that the O3 is a pretty comfy suit as well and I'd say far and away the best value for money.
    Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience over multiple suits. Clearly the 2010 Santi doesn't rank well in terms of durability.
    I have seen other issues reported in various forums (not only on Santis of course, but i was searching specifically for Santi), and hope that these have been taken into account by the manufacturer, and that recently produced suits are more durable.

With this in mind, i couldn't resist to a great deal today on a used suit: almost new (suit manufactured in June 2017, 6 dives on it only), Emotion+ with p-valve and smart seals, fitting me perfectly, and costing 60% off new price

I was rather leaning towards Elite or Enduro, and towards rockboots as opposed to the flexsoles this suit has.
    Still, at that price with a 5-years warranty (including a free yearly checkup at the Australian Santi Service Center), i couldn't resist

Will report here after i have some experience on it

cheers
    Nicolas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4