+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 1000 bucks if AD/Brad Horn Show at DEMA 2014

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Re: 1000 bucks if AD/Brad Horn Show at DEMA 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Alby scubakitmarket  View Original Post
    Not true

jimi and john lennon are going on an OSEL factory tour

haha

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Brad will send me with a new sidemount-rebreather project. On paper we have all test done. The first prototype is not finished yet, but we accept deposits for orders now.
    We plan to make one working unit for the next Years and than 1000 and more units per Year, starting in 2030.

PS: A joke. I have to say that I get in contact some times with Brad and he had always a answer for my questions and always in a friendly manner. I will also test the EACS used on the OSEL Reb on this sidemount to have a comparison on the radial I made.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by gerstl_ossi; 14th November 2014 at 20:25.

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Love those little carbon fiber tanks! Nice looking unit too.

Best regards,
    Chett. L

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

Re: Re: 1000 bucks if AD/Brad Horn Show at DEMA 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Al Marvelli  View Original Post
    personally I'm surprised the scottish government isn't looking for this guy.
    Because the closest the tools that were in government at the time have gotten to public office in years has been collecting their expense cheques. Labour gave money to anyone that could sign their name properly. They'd have given you funding to hunt for lost Inca gold mines if you'd shown them a map and a business plan. Not dissimilar to the Apoc crew...

Quote Originally Posted by Brad_Horn  View Original Post
    Shutting the factory down for the week required to set this up will be rather expensive
    I dont know if you've noticed but there's about a hundred distilleries within an hour's drive of your front, sorry, factory that do tours without stopping production. I love the optimism that there will be any production started in order to stop it.

Is it still troubled with the mystery fog that hampered photographs all those years ago? Or was it the unexpected snow?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Quote Originally Posted by lizardland  View Original Post

i love the optimism that there will be any production started in order to stop it.

roflmao
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.
    http://www.monkeydiver.com

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schultz  View Original Post
    It's not engineering out a problem. It's removing a very basic skill from the diver's skillset, making him a less competent, less aware and less thinking diver.
    Maybe there will be a market for it, but I really hope that most people avoid gadgets like that, especially when good control isn't just an important skill to learn, it's also easy.
    many of us say the same about eCCRs!

I agree with you in principle, but consider that the mass numbers of the dive community are discover scuba types that frankly do not have these skills down. I don't necessarily agree with it, but to grow our industry, get more people in the water, and ultimately funnel further advancement that benefits those of us with more experience, widgets like this may be important.

rather than solely buoyancy control, I can see a future iteration serving to raise an unconscious diver in a controlled manor - perhaps detect that breathing has stopped, then bring him on up.

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Well, AD made it to DEMA.

Michael Thornton called it first.
    Monkey Diver Inc.
    Monkey Diver Travel Inc.
    http://www.monkeydiver.com

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schultz  View Original Post
    Is that an automatic buoyancy compensator?
    Controls descent speed and ascent speed, including deco?

IMHO, that type of technology has no place in normal recreational scuba (OC or RB).
    It's not engineering out a problem. It's removing a very basic skill from the diver's skillset, making him a less competent, less aware and less thinking diver.
    Maybe there will be a market for it, but I really hope that most people avoid gadgets like that, especially when good control isn't just an important skill to learn, it's also easy.
    +1, a german company have developed this befor 14 years or so, NO PLACE for it !!!!!!

Cheers Markku

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Fun Under Pressure  View Original Post
    +1, a german company have developed this befor 14 years or so, NO PLACE for it !!!!!!

Cheers Markku
    Totally agree, BTW- Brad has claimed the Apoc can physically stop the diver diver, close valves and inflating the BCD, they have no shame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast