+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beginning my CCR Cave course

RBW Member tstormdiver is an unknown quantity at this point tstormdiver's Avatar
    Hollis PRISM2

Beginning my CCR Cave course

This past week I started my CCR Cave course on my Prism2 with Larry Babcock. For the most part it was a chance to become familiar with the unit in a cave environment & with the sidemounted bailouts I will be learning to use. Larry covered some skills with me, But basically took me over varying terrain & depth changes to allow me to learn to keep perfect control of my buoyancy. To be honest, in my case, I am glad Larry is taking it slow with me. I learn best with little bitty bites & I am in no hurry. If I had small issues during the dives, Larry would watch me closely, but let me work the problem out for myself. I must say, the quiet in the caves is astounding..... To be able to hear my own heartbeat whilst diving.... Just awesome! I can already tell, this is an activity I will very much enjoy doing. Now I know what I need to improve on. I will take those lessons home & work on them during the winter & come back next time to continue on to the next steps.

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Re: Beginning my CCR Cave course

Quote Originally Posted by tstormdiver  View Original Post
    This past week I started my CCR Cave course on my Prism2 with Larry Babcock. For the most part it was a chance to become familiar with the unit in a cave environment & with the sidemounted bailouts I will be learning to use. Larry covered some skills with me, But basically took me over varying terrain & depth changes to allow me to learn to keep perfect control of my buoyancy. To be honest, in my case, I am glad Larry is taking it slow with me. I learn best with little bitty bites & I am in no hurry. If I had small issues during the dives, Larry would watch me closely, but let me work the problem out for myself. I must say, the quiet in the caves is astounding..... To be able to hear my own heartbeat whilst diving.... Just awesome! I can already tell, this is an activity I will very much enjoy doing. Now I know what I need to improve on. I will take those lessons home & work on them during the winter & come back next time to continue on to the next steps.
    Hello Tammy and welcome to RBW and to cave diving!

+ Reply to Thread