+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: when are you an expert in ccr diving?

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

when are you an expert in ccr diving?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey  View Original Post
    We have a bakery's worth of Donuts, down here in South Florida.

Wait... I can see it in there... 'Don'uts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member markdol2 is an unknown quantity at this point markdol2's Avatar
    hammerhead extreeme

Cool Re: when are you an expert in ccr diving?

I dont believe in the word expert,it relates itself to perfection in which i have never met in any one persons life at any endeavor. We are always students .Learning is forever ongoing . ccr is dynamic like all diving and ever changing so we evolve or become dinosaurs. I am gonna find a yoda sticker for my cannister!

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Re: when are you an expert in ccr diving?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey  View Original Post
    hmmmmmm.......No idea how to answer this question.

I don't want to get in the water with some one who has 300 flawless hours on a unit, and have that person lock up during the 4 minutes of when really having your self composed under water saves his life or yours.

So for me its not fully locked into a X number of hours = expert. Its how to identify divers that can handle the mental pressure of real emergencies.

I think you can group divers loosely into 3 categories:

The ones with the survival instinct born into them (like Tom Mount)
    the ones who the tools to survive have been taught to them.
    And the people who no matter what level of training you give them will lock up and die in a real emergency.

I, don't see how it's possible to layer a level on top of this like "Novice" or "expert"

Thats a good honest picture of the real world in all forms of diving

Give me a buddy with 50 hours and option 1 over 500 hours and option 3 any day

Great post id give green but it wont let me as you obviously say far too much good stuff :D

ATB

Mark

Dive addict taliena is an unknown quantity at this point taliena's Avatar

For me, people say I am a natural in diving. That is nice of course. CCR diving was not difficult to learn. I did all the courses quite fast, mod3 was a course I did not learn anything. The mod1 was nice to learn how to use a rb. And then it is diving and diving and diving.
    I have now over 150 hours in 10 months on my unit. Am I an expert? I don't feel so. I have done some dives over 400 ft. I had some minor failures of course, yes I feel like I can control the things. But am I then an expert? no.
    But even now, when I am diving, I always try to practise something. I think I can always do things better.

RBW Member Efo is an unknown quantity at this point Efo's Avatar

I would be tempted to repeat a wise word from my very first instructor in the Navy, back 30+ years: "never ever, ever forget there are not good divers; there are only old divers..."

Silent diver
    Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci is a jewel in the rough Aldo Ferrucci's Avatar
    Meg,JJ-CCR,Inspiration,Prism2

Ouroboros, Sentinel, Kiss,rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by dreamdive  View Original Post
    My attitude:

I am never an expert because there is always somebody else out there who knows more than I do.

claudia
    +1 well said

Aldo
    Aldo Ferrucci
    Trimix and Rebreather IT
    Technical CCR/OC Training for Diver and Instructor in Italian - French - English in Italy, France, Belgium, Switzerland,Spain, Red Sea and beyond
    Megalodon/Copis - Inspiration/Evolution - JJ-CCR - Poseidon Discovery MKVI - Instructor Trainer and Dealer

www.aldoferrucci.com FB Aldo Ferrucci
    I like bubbles only in my glass of Champagne

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3