+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KISS Classic Explorer O2 First Stage

RBW Member Mike Guerrero is an unknown quantity at this point Mike Guerrero's Avatar
    none

KISS Classic Explorer O2 First Stage

I posted this in the KISS section, but thought I might be a quicker response here.

I see in the manual that the first stage needs to be either the Dive Rite or the Apeks DS4, and either one needs to have the environmental kit.

I just want to confirm that these regs being environmentally sealed is not the same as them sustaining 1 ata throughout the depth rating of the mCCR, correct?

I ask because I thought CMF was dependent on a constant IP uninfluenced by depth.

As far as I can tell, the environmental kits don't prevent ambient pressure from influencing the reg, but only prevent water from getting into the balancing chamber.

If 1 ata is needed then it would seem the blanking plug below would be needed.

IP blanking plug for DS4

Another question is if you attach offboard O2, does that go through the CMF orafice as well, and thus the reg on the offboard O2 bottle also needs to be one of these?

Thanks,

Mike

Born Again Diver! Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w has a spectacular aura about Dave1w's Avatar
    Kiss, JJ

Ray, APOC, rEvo

KISS Classic Explorer O2 First Stage

Hi Mike, you need to buy one with the environmental kit, then this allows you to change out the pressure transmitter plastic bit between the cover an the diaphragm for the blanking plug. On the other side, as I understand the orifice is blanked, so a normal compensating reg is used, an you can go deeper.
    Dave

RBW Member Mike Guerrero is an unknown quantity at this point Mike Guerrero's Avatar
    none

Re: KISS Classic Explorer O2 First Stage

Ah, that makes perfect sense.

I wonder if the dive rite is the same diameter as the apeks since the manual says you can use either.

I wonder if it would fit my HOGs :).

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread