+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AP Diving AP16 Cells

RBW Member LandonL is an unknown quantity at this point LandonL's Avatar
    Evolution

Optima

AP Diving AP16 Cells

Does anyone have any experience with the new AP16 cells for the Inspiration/Evolution? Any reliability issues?

Also, I have tried to call Silent Diving to see if they have any in stock before I order them, but I couldn't get anyone on the phone, does anyone know if they are actually in stock at the moment? Since AP is now using the same source as Narked@90, if they are on backorder I was just going to order them from Add Helium.

Thanks,
    Landon
    Last edited by LandonL; 23rd October 2014 at 06:06.

RBW Member mdma946552 is an unknown quantity at this point mdma946552's Avatar
    inspo clasic

Re: AP Diving AP16 Cells

hey there i got some from ap sep.3 so they had some then just call zoe and ask

Hello.
    No problem with the new APD16. They are working properly. 32 hours of diving any worries.

RBW Member tkfx2000 is an unknown quantity at this point tkfx2000's Avatar

They were in stock last week. I ordered and received three. Will be using them over the weekend.

RBW Member GrimSleeper is an unknown quantity at this point GrimSleeper's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

AP Diving AP16 Cells

It's the same cell that Narked@90 sell and I've had three of those in my unit since June with no problems whatsoever, after finally giving up on AP13s when I got through five in two weeks. AP left the Narked cells in when I sent my head back for some work last month, so I guess they're happy with them too...

You just need to remember that they're not temperature compensated, so they'll read low once the whole scrubber is at operating temperature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Re: Re: AP Diving AP16 Cells

Quote Originally Posted by GrimSleeper  View Original Post
    You just need to remember that they're not temperature compensated, so they'll read low once the whole scrubber is at operating temperature.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Hm, are you sure they are not temperature compensated? If they are the same as N@90 they have the best temperature compendation in use tooday.

Sent from my PAP4500DUO using Tapatalk 2

aka Scotty com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1 will become famous soon enough com1's Avatar
    inspiration vision

Yesterday one of mine died without any signs of weakness in the weeks before. It is showing 3mV in air only. DATE CODE 07/14

RBW Member GrimSleeper is an unknown quantity at this point GrimSleeper's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Igor P  View Original Post
    Hm, are you sure they are not temperature compensated? If they are the same as N@90 they have the best temperature compendation in use tooday.

I'm going from what Martin Parker wrote on the Inspiration list in June:

"While the Narked @ 90 cell and the APD16 cell are very stable they have an unfortunate trait in that once the Inspiration scrubber warms up from top to bottom, which is 15 to 20 mins after the start of the dive, the cells read 0.05 bar higher than the actual PO 2 i.e. while the cells display 1.30 bar ( the setpoint) - the actual PO 2 , measured on a calibrated fast response external analyser, is in fact 1.25 bar."

Mind you, it's entirely possible I'm interpreting that as meaning there's a temperature compensation issue when it actually means something else. An expert on cell construction I definitely am not...

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Ok. Understand.

I still think the difference between N@90 and APD16 cells is the temperature compensation. But I could be mistaken.

Igor P

RBW Member mdma946552 is an unknown quantity at this point mdma946552's Avatar
    inspo clasic

well ap s website talks about the manufacturer being the same as n@90s so why change anything at all. the cell is working and its the same as n@90s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast