+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cell Question

Jst anothr Breather Diver Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius is a splendid one to behold Nitrogenius's Avatar
    rEvo III rms

Inspo HH + classic Dolphin Ray

Re: Cell Question

Oh and I forgot..
    For sure cell Position can have an Impact on condensation !

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogenius  View Original Post
    Oh and I forgot..
    For sure cell Position can have an Impact on condensation !
    On my Meg the cell position most likely to see condensation effects is cell no 2.

As I am about to order a new cell, this is interesting to me. I too am running Vandergraph cells that I get from N@90. Like the OP my experience to date is that they are rock solid and track together. I buy a new one every six months or so and have to admit that ones that are a couple of years old are still putting out.

Peter

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by diverrob  View Original Post
    The other two are 4 and 8 months old
    out of the package, or manufacturing date?

serial numbers?
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    out of the package, or manufacturing date?

serial numbers?
    Here is the details of all three cells, the one I am looking at is #3

Cell 1 - Bag opened 31 May 2014, SN ISC102104, manufacture date 2013-1
    Cell 2 - Bag opened 26 Dec 2013, SN ISC102425, manufacture date 2013-03
    Cell 3 - Bag opened 24 Sep 2014, SN ISC103718, manufacture date 2013-11

RBW Member PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG is a glorious beacon of light PeterVICEG's Avatar
    Meg

Fenzy PO68 Dolphin

I use date of manufacture. I pay no attention to when I open them. I also deal with N@90 direct for the freshest of product.

Peter

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by PeterVICEG  View Original Post
    I use date of manufacture. I pay no attention to when I open them. I also deal with N@90 direct for the freshest of product.

Peter
    Ok that's fine however I still like to track when I put them into service so I can change them at the one year mark. I thought the narked at 90 cells were the same (Vandergraph)? If not what are they and if they are a better product then it may be worth checking out. As for the manufacture date, these cells seem fairly new none of them were more than 10 months old when I installed them, is that too old? I actually have to say I have not read the spec sheet on these cells to see how long they can stay in the bag before they can't be used in a RB for the recommended one year.

Rob

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

it's not unusual that an almost 2 year old sensor starts to behave differently under pressure

but... I don't know how the serial numbering goes on these sensors, in rEvo terminology they would all be from february and march 2011..

is the manufacture date different from the serial number code?
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    it's not unusual that an almost 2 year old sensor starts to behave differently under pressure

but... I don't know how the serial numbering goes on these sensors, in rEvo terminology they would all be from february and march 2011..

is the manufacture date different from the serial number code?

Yes the SN is different from the manufacture date they are both labled on the cell as I listed above.

RBW Member matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram is just really nice matthewoutram's Avatar
    inspiration

I'm not surprised that they ready different. Cell 1 is 21 months old and Cells 2 19 months - both over the 18 month mark. Personally I'd chuck them out now.

Cell 3 is nearly 12 months old, and I'd keep that for another 6 months, in the mean time start rotating 2 new ones in.

Matt.