+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: look what happens if you cross a Dolphin with a Posaidon and a Submatix

RBW Member Urban Peer is an unknown quantity at this point Urban Peer's Avatar
    Dolphin SCR, MCCR

Hombuilt

look what happens if you cross a Dolphin with a Posaidon and a Submatix

Finally i got it all together and my mission is finished.
    So far. Next will be a intensive testing phase. Just to prevent some questions about the Bailout tank size: I will use my MCCR for recreational dives only! Adding some other bigger Tanks somewhere in future is still possible. Thanks to the Possaidon ADV/BOV there is nothing remaining inside the shell exept the Sensorports. Everything is done in a way so that dismantling goes fast and without any special tools.

Chris Miller undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o's Avatar
    Dolphin (Atlantis)

IDA-71

Re: look what happens if you cross a Dolphin with a Posaidon and a Submatix

Nice! What tank holders are you using for DIL/O2?

Dolphin SCR, MCCR

Hombuilt

i think they are colled "quicksnap" they where already on the housing when ibought it

Still Searching matt_reed is an unknown quantity at this point matt_reed's Avatar
    Pelagian

Looks interesting - but I can't believe after all the money you have apparently spent you are still using the stock Drager wing and harness from the Dolphin...no thoughts to upgrade to a plate and harness?

Good work either way.

Dolphin SCR, MCCR

Hombuilt

Quote Originally Posted by matt_reed  View Original Post
    Looks interesting - but I can't believe after all the money you have apparently spent you are still using the stock Drager wing and harness from the Dolphin...no thoughts to upgrade to a plate and harness?

Good work either way.
    Thanks. I thougt this question will come.hehehe What i can say is, that i have used the dräger Dolphin for more than 10 Years now. I have never had any problems with the Harness andthe Wing. The counterlungs are closer to my back wich makes the WOB easy. Now that there is no Bypassunit inside the shell comfort has grown.,
    Attached Files

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Peer  View Original Post
    Thanks. I thougt this question will come.hehehe What i can say is, that i have used the dräger Dolphin for more than 10 Years now. I have never had any problems with the Harness andthe Wing. The counterlungs are closer to my back wich makes the WOB easy. Now that there is no Bypassunit inside the shell comfort has grown.,

Hello UP, you hit the nail on the head. The Dolphin BMCL design is the best because it has the CLs as close to your own lungs as is possible in a BMCL design. I have dived several BMCL units and always thought the Dolphin had the best WOB. Good idea moving the bypass, the location of which was NOT a good part of the design... -Andy

Dolphin SCR, MCCR

Hombuilt

Quote Originally Posted by silent running  View Original Post
    Hello UP, you hit the nail on the head. The Dolphin BMCL design is the best because it has the CLs as close to your own lungs as is possible in a BMCL design. I have dived several BMCL units and always thought the Dolphin had the best WOB. Good idea moving the bypass, the location of which was NOT a good part of the design... -Andy
    Thanks Andy,
    the only thing i am worried about at the moment is that the posaidon BOV/ADV could possibly inject the dil too early, due to the fact that it was constructed for a use with OTS counter lungs. There will be a bigger hydrostatic pressure difference by using it with bmcls. But a testdive will show the truth. I realized that the WOB of the BOV becomes harder once you switch to closed mode. This gives me some hope.

RBW Member ornskov is an unknown quantity at this point ornskov's Avatar
    Poseidon Discovery MKVI 60M

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Peer  View Original Post
    Thanks Andy,
    the only thing i am worried about at the moment is that the posaidon BOV/ADV could possibly inject the dil too early, due to the fact that it was constructed for a use with OTS counter lungs. There will be a bigger hydrostatic pressure difference by using it with bmcls. But a testdive will show the truth. I realized that the WOB of the BOV becomes harder once you switch to closed mode. This gives me some hope.

I have BMCL on my Poseidon MK6, and the BOV is firing with slightly head down position.

/Claus

RBW Member Mike_Eitel is an unknown quantity at this point Mike_Eitel's Avatar
    MeCCRxWi

MeRAY, MeTravox,MeCCRV"x,Inspi

Hi UP
    Congrats

Looks very nice.
    Love 3 gas designs.

Mike

Dolphin SCR, MCCR

Hombuilt

Quote Originally Posted by ornskov  View Original Post
    I have BMCL on my Poseidon MK6, and the BOV is firing with slightly head down position.

/Claus
    That is good news for me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast