+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What torch? or can you replace a solus 1250 battery!?

RBW Member john blanchard is an unknown quantity at this point john blanchard's Avatar
    none

What torch? or can you replace a solus 1250 battery!?

Okay, my 1250 is dying and cannot hold a charge. Battery life on full power is now less than 10 minutes!!!

So, i have two options:

1. Replace the battery - But how the hell do you do this? anyone??

2. Buy a new torch - But what is the current fashionable model? i primarily dive wrecks and areas where i need wide angle viewing, but, i sometimes dive caves. Albeit not on scooters, so lightsabres are not needed.

So over to the crowd

Thanks

John

All The Gear, No Idea windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller's Avatar

Re: What torch? or can you replace a solus 1250 battery!?

Can cathx ocean not repair it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

RBW Member john blanchard is an unknown quantity at this point john blanchard's Avatar
    none

Quote Originally Posted by windymiller  View Original Post
    Can cathx ocean not repair it?

Not anymore. They state that they cannot get any more spare parts and that they will no longer accept any repairs :-(

I was then offered a good deal on a cathx torch. Unfortunately, i do not earn so much money anymore.

All The Gear, No Idea windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller has a spectacular aura about windymiller's Avatar

The handheld is cheaper and a good torch...have one myself and highly rate it

RBW Member s115 is an unknown quantity at this point s115's Avatar
    Meg Apecs/SW

Quote Originally Posted by john blanchard  View Original Post

2. Buy a new torch - But what is the current fashionable model? i primarily dive wrecks and areas where i need wide angle viewing, but, i sometimes dive caves. Albeit not on scooters, so lightsabres are not needed.

John
    Get a Light dude. You will not be disappointed.

Underwater Light Dude | Light technology, for serious divers!

I just took my ld-35 to bikini and truk. Could see all inside holes without going into them. Compared to my old light, where I had to waste time entering holds or holes to actually see that it was empty.

Doing What Works jcook is an unknown quantity at this point jcook's Avatar
    Sidemount Meg

Quote Originally Posted by s115  View Original Post
    Get a Light dude. You will not be disappointed.

Underwater Light Dude | Light technology, for serious divers!

I just took my ld-35 to bikini and truk. Could see all inside holes without going into them. Compared to my old light, where I had to waste time entering holds or holes to actually see that it was empty.
    +1 for the underwater light dude. I had a LD-26 and upgraded to an LD-35. Best light I have ever owned.

RBW Member Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse is a glorious beacon of light Packhorse's Avatar
    rEvoIII mini hCCR

RG-UMF,IDA 71,rEvo mCCR

You should be able to replace the battery easy enough.

But you would still be stuck with an out dated torch.

There are many hand held's out there now that put out as much light.

You could always upgrade the LED's as well as the battery pack. Should make for a decent light.

RBW Member s115 is an unknown quantity at this point s115's Avatar
    Meg Apecs/SW

Quote Originally Posted by jcook  View Original Post
    Best light I have ever owned.
    Good stuff and fuckin' oath! - thats aussie for awesome.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

I have loads of torches. I currently own a 10w HID 21W HID Solus 1250 MB-Sub VB-50 and i have the MB Sub Tri LED on test loan

The Solus 1250 is my favorite wreck diving tool The power and beem width are perfict for sub 10m viz solo diving

The 21W HID is perfict for signaling long range when scootering or doing "teem diving" using light signals. In wide mode its crap.

The MB-Sub VB50 does both because it beem is focasable from wide down to 6 degree light saber that will outperform the HID

If you can afford it go for the MB-Sub if not then get the SOlus apart and get a new battery pac but first check its not a failure of the charger conections by replaceing the ends with new banana plugs and trying to rtecharge the battery. That worked on my one.

VB 50 wide mode on left 21W HID in wide mode on right

VB 50 in tight mode on the right HID on the left

ATB

Mark

+ Reply to Thread