+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Op Amp choice

RBW Member risototh is an unknown quantity at this point risototh's Avatar
    (KT)BOD+AV1c+own computer

YBOD, Ray, rEvo II eCCR

Re: Op Amp choice

I was today in my office and the oxymeter was still alive. Nothing strange on that, except, that it showed 72% of oxygen in the air. There were around 13 mV out of the cell. As you can see on the image below, it was calibrated on around 4 mV (maybe less as there was constant decrease in the time)... The cell is out of date and out of order, of course. But i'm surprised with the voltage! And it is quasi imune to oxygen change. Do you know something about this type of oxygen cell failure? (Yes, i checked the output with voltmeter),

RBW Member Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P is just really nice Igor P's Avatar
    TR300c (mCCR)

Never saw something similar...

Sent from my PAP4500DUO using Tapatalk 2

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

I had an AP12 cell fail reading over 200mV in air, two days after i opened the packet. Replaced under warranty but I have no idea how it did that: didn't even realise the chemistry would let it go that high!

RBW Member risototh is an unknown quantity at this point risototh's Avatar
    (KT)BOD+AV1c+own computer

YBOD, Ray, rEvo II eCCR

It is old APD12...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Starfish  View Original Post
    I had an AP12 cell fail reading over 200mV in air, two days after i opened the packet. Replaced under warranty but I have no idea how it did that: didn't even realise the chemistry would let it go that high!

One Breath From Death testuser is an unknown quantity at this point testuser's Avatar
    Home built

I know it'a a little late, but here's an alternative idea to try. AVR microcontrollers are 10-bits across the 0-AREF range, which is usually either teh supply rail(Vcc) or the internal 1.1V bandgap. I believe you can also supply your own voltage reference externally. putting a 200mV reference (e.g. a voltage divider from some precise LDO) would get you all 10 bits across that tiny range, and might produce a simpler design overall.

just a thought,
    -James

One Breath From Death testuser is an unknown quantity at this point testuser's Avatar
    Home built

nevermind, further down the datasheet i see that the minimum ARef voltage is 1V, so you'd only really get 1mV resolution ever. bummer.

RBW Member Snusmumrik will become famous soon enough Snusmumrik will become famous soon enough Snusmumrik will become famous soon enough Snusmumrik's Avatar
    IDA-71(KISS Mod)

IDA-59 O2 Mod & KISS, IDA-72

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Starfish  View Original Post
    That's not the chemistry, but defective resistive voltage divider on the PCB attached to the cell.

SBOD Pilot Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish is a glorious beacon of light Captain Starfish's Avatar
    AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Quote Originally Posted by Snusmumrik  View Original Post
    That's not the chemistry, but defective resistive voltage divider on the PCB attached to the cell.
    Thanks, kinda figured later on that it would be something like that. Meh, they replaced it.

Turtle Dude - got yours finished yet?

RBW Member turtle dude is an unknown quantity at this point turtle dude's Avatar
    Inspo classic hacked about

Ha ha, just been reading your new project Captain - nice.
    Funny you asked about mine, I took my housing diving the other day and it flooded (was empty so no bigie), I was more concerned with my 2.2 bar ppo2 at 70m at the time didn't even notice my torch implode either lol.
    Hoping to make up a new lid this week and test again soon.
    Baz

AP Classic SBOD v. AV1c

Yeah, not looking forward to "debugging" that part of mine :-/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4