+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Philippines CCR Resort Recomendations

RBW Member Venomguy is an unknown quantity at this point Venomguy's Avatar

Philippines CCR Resort Recomendations

Planning a trip end of November to the Philippines to dive CCR,
    Does anyone have recommendations of a good facility they have dived with in the past 12 months,
    thanks in advance
    Andrew

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

Re: Philippines CCR Resort Recomendations

If you like wreck diving I would go to Board Walk scuba there in Subic Bay. They can supply you with tanks, sorb, helium etc. I dive there all the time with CCR,. Actually packing my back to go there now.

Bruce

RBW Member caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99's Avatar
    eStroke

Hi Andrew,

you can check Sun Divers in Alona Beach on Bohol Island.
    They have small tanks, Sorb, stage tanks and Reb support....

Greets
    Martin

RBW Member hawai is an unknown quantity at this point hawai's Avatar
    JJ

Hi Andrew,

I'm a wee bit late but I would like to throw in a recommendation for evolution on Malapascua. Evolution Diving Resort in Malapascua, Cebu, Philippines

They provide everything needed, although the sorb is somewhat on the expensive side, the diving is good if you like small stuff and they have this place where all the thresher sharks show up on a regular basis.

Have fun
    Hansjoerg

ANDI IT #47 andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk will become famous soon enough andibk's Avatar
    Hammerhead, Optima and Nautilu

Hammerhead, Inspiration, Kiss

All of places mentioned can definetly help you out. There is one more shop in Moalboal, Cebu that has tanks etc called Kasai Village. Nice wall dives and a cave right in front of the shop.
    The rooms are really nice and good equipment.
    If you call ask to speak to Michael the owner and he can give you a good run down of everything they can help you with.

Bruce

Hello

I still come back to the Philippine
    We made first a Safari boat with SEADOORS ( 5 excellents days in the Visayas Islands ) and we stand after a few day at KASAI DIVE RESORT (CEBU / MOALBOAL )
    They have all the facilities for people wich dive with rebreather ; tanks , sorb , oxygen, booster , helium
    Everything is clean ( top fealing station , dry place for camera and CCR ....) ; the instructors , the boss ,and all the staff from the hotel are very friendly
    You can dive by boat (38 euros/dive) or from the house reef (22 euros/dive) ; all the dives are very nice
    The resort is very beautiful ; 13 rooms , a swimming pool and a big wharf to go to the boat , good food
    The village of MOALBOAL is about 5 km from the hotel so if you want to go to visit you have to take a local taxi ( with 2 or 4 wheels ) or rent a small motorbike

Salutations

Frank

RBW Member Pincher is an unknown quantity at this point Pincher's Avatar
    JJ CCR

Hi,

I have done a few trips to the Philippines and recommend the following:

Evolution Diving Mallapascua Island.

The owner Matt Reed and his head tech diver Daniel will sort you out for any rebreather requests, dives or training. They have Pelagian and SF2's at the shop and can't rain to TDI levels. They can guide you to deep rebreather only dives looking at Tresher sharks and also some deep war wrecks. Matt IMO has the best dive setup I have used in Asia.

Arizona Dive Shop in Subic Bay.

Another outfit that has gone tech and can supply Sorb, boost 02 and Helium. They also can supply dive gear over night at reduced prices. Subic Bay is home to a vast array of war wrecks, ship wrecks and plane crashes. Dive depths range from 5 to 80 metres. The owner Kent Simmonds is very helpful and down to earth and will help you with whatever you require. I expect this shop will teach CCR eventually and become the leading tech shop in Subic.

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Pincher  View Original Post
    Hi,

I have done a few trips to the Philippines and recommend the following:

Evolution Diving Mallapascua Island.

The owner Matt Reed and his head tech diver Daniel will sort you out for any rebreather requests, dives or training. They have Pelagian and SF2's at the shop and can't rain to TDI levels. They can guide you to deep rebreather only dives looking at Tresher sharks and also some deep war wrecks. Matt IMO has the best dive setup I have used in Asia.

Arizona Dive Shop in Subic Bay.

Another outfit that has gone tech and can supply Sorb, boost 02 and Helium. They also can supply dive gear over night at reduced prices. Subic Bay is home to a vast array of war wrecks, ship wrecks and plane crashes. Dive depths range from 5 to 80 metres. The owner Kent Simmonds is very helpful and down to earth and will help you with whatever you require. I expect this shop will teach CCR eventually and become the leading tech shop in Subic.

I second the recommendation of Evolution, an excellent CCR friendly operation with very good diving. There ought to be more like them! -Andy

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

hi Andrew, stayed in Kasai Village a month ago, for 9 days.

they have all you need, and even a very nice house 'wall' for diving

tanks, sorb, all you want

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...