+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dreaded TSA Inspected card

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Re: Dreaded TSA Inspected card

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi C  View Original Post
    Yesterday morning call Atlanta lost and found. They had nothing showing and transferred me to TSA. TSA said it should be in lost and found if they'd removed it but the gentleman was nice enough to check their logs. He said they had nothing like the tanks logged during the time we were there.
    So let me get this straight, they confiscated your tanks, and yet never even logged the action?

So they do what they want, disregard their own rules, and dont even log their own actions...

thats disgraceful.

Havin Fun Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C's Avatar
    rEvo III micro RMS

rEvo III mini, Optima

When I called he said he was checking the log and didn't see anything. He did ask date and time we were there. Who knows though if a log was really being checked or I just got lip service

Email today from the delta rep and tanks are on a flight as we speak to Richmond. We'll see how difficult it us to claim them
    Kristi Cunningham

Mature mouth breather silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running has a reputation beyond repute silent running's Avatar
    Prism

Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi C  View Original Post
    When I called he said he was checking the log and didn't see anything. He did ask date and time we were there. Who knows though if a log was really being checked or I just got lip service

Email today from the delta rep and tanks are on a flight as we speak to Richmond. We'll see how difficult it us to claim them
    Hi Kristi, glad it seems to be working out. As if international air travel isn't enough of a drag already... -Andy

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Abit OT but- it is the continual deluge of stories like this that makes many Europeans not want to go diving in the US or countries which require it as a stop en-route, sad really.
    (I know of a group that flew to Truk via Australia to avoid the continental USA!)

Hope you get your tanks back in one piece BTW!

RBW Member whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot? will become famous soon enough whynot?'s Avatar
    MK15.5, MK25

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    Abit OT but- it is the continual deluge of stories like this that makes many Europeans not want to go diving in the US or countries which require it as a stop en-route, sad really.
    (I know of a group that flew to Truk via Australia to avoid the continental USA!)

Hope you get your tanks back in one piece BTW!

Too bad, you're missing great diving- especially in California. That said, I'm not sure I'd go to EU to dive either so I guess I see your point...

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by whynot?  View Original Post
    Too bad, you're missing great diving- especially in California. That said, I'm not sure I'd go to EU to dive either so I guess I see your point...
    I'm not sure you do... I wasn't badmouthing the diving at all, just the TSA, even for non-diving they are known to be a bit tough to safely bypass.

I do fancy a few US diving destinations, Great Lakes and NE wrecks appeal, hadn't thought about California- it doesn't get much press over here.
    There is plenty here to interest divers from the US too but not sure how much its advertised where you are- Scapa Flow, Malin Head, English Channel, the Baltic, the Med etc.

As far as I am aware there are no issues at all like this traveling by air in Europe and most of the rest of the world? (Other than the usual risk of the airline loosing your luggage, although that only ever happened to me in the US )

Flying to Europe or anywhere else you can padlock your luggage whatever is in it, for divers you can just lock a dive crate shut and dump it in the hold safe in the knowledge you'll get it unmolested at the other end, even flying to Eygpt... although they'll rob you blind once you get there

Its a big difference.

Why they don't just search the luggage in the departure hall with the customers present is quiet bizarre, I would have thought the lawyer heavy US culture would have demanded something like that?

Havin Fun Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C's Avatar
    rEvo III micro RMS

rEvo III mini, Optima

Tanks are home safe and sound thanks to Delta air!

Kind of humorous though they I've heard nothing from my lost and found claim with the Atlanta airport. Not worrying about that now!
    Kristi Cunningham

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Field  View Original Post
    I'm not sure you do... I wasn't badmouthing the diving at all, just the TSA, even for non-diving they are known to be a bit tough to safely bypass.

I do fancy a few US diving destinations, Great Lakes and NE wrecks appeal, hadn't thought about California- it doesn't get much press over here.
    There is plenty here to interest divers from the US too but not sure how much its advertised where you are- Scapa Flow, Malin Head, English Channel, the Baltic, the Med etc.

As far as I am aware there are no issues at all like this traveling by air in Europe and most of the rest of the world? (Other than the usual risk of the airline loosing your luggage, although that only ever happened to me in the US )

Flying to Europe or anywhere else you can padlock your luggage whatever is in it, for divers you can just lock a dive crate shut and dump it in the hold safe in the knowledge you'll get it unmolested at the other end, even flying to Eygpt... although they'll rob you blind once you get there

Its a big difference.

Why they don't just search the luggage in the departure hall with the customers present is quiet bizarre, I would have thought the lawyer heavy US culture would have demanded something like that?
    flying is a fooking ball buster , full stop , uk ant that much fun ,
    may not be as bad as usa , but the uk are doing there best to catch up ,

OP
    happy to hear alls good ,

RBW Member Diving Pete is on a distinguished road Diving Pete is on a distinguished road Diving Pete's Avatar
    Modified Inspro

Double Vision

OP,

That's really great news that you got your kit back but yet again no thanks to the TSA....

Phew - now go & get your lottery ticket...

Pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3