+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dreaded TSA Inspected card

Havin Fun Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C's Avatar
    rEvo III micro RMS

rEvo III mini, Optima

Dreaded TSA Inspected card

Got home late last night from an awesome week at Focus Grand Cayman (will post more on that in a separate thread). Today, while unpacking, Eric asks "Did you remember to pack your tanks". Seriously:) Anyway, the TSA Inspected card was found in my luggage and 2 carbon fiber tanks gone. I guess I should count my blessings, the rEvo made it home. Now starts the fun claims process!
    Kristi Cunningham

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Re: Dreaded TSA Inspected card

were the valves off of the tanks?

Havin Fun Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C will become famous soon enough Kristi C's Avatar
    rEvo III micro RMS

rEvo III mini, Optima

Yep and I have those. They made it home!
    Kristi Cunningham

Supporting Member fdarden is on a distinguished road fdarden is on a distinguished road fdarden's Avatar
    Revo Micro

I am curious did the tanks have O2 and Diluent stickers on them?

Dive addict taliena is an unknown quantity at this point taliena's Avatar

Not nice, so stolen out of your luggage?

rEvo CCR Driver silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba is just really nice silentscuba's Avatar
    JJ-CCR, rEvo

That is exactly why I always carry my tanks onto the plane with me and through TSA....sorry you lost them..it really makes me mad that they don't even know their own rules

If you do have to check tanks for some reason, I print out the TSA rules about tanks, highlight the important parts in yellow and put a label on each tank, also noting that the tank is open with no valves and no pressure for interior inspection...this usually will work also.

When they don't understand something, they just take it....good luck with your claim.

I will almost always carry-on my tanks, CCR, camera equipment and batteries..
    Last edited by silentscuba; 8th September 2014 at 13:17.

RBW Member pensacoladiver will become famous soon enough pensacoladiver will become famous soon enough pensacoladiver will become famous soon enough pensacoladiver's Avatar
    Revo III

I'm going to show some ignorance here, but does Grand Cayman have "TSA agents"?

If not, I would also remain open to the possibility the tanks may have been "stolen"
    At security in grand cayman.

TSA may very well have just done their job at your point of entry into the USA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

[QUOTE=pensacoladiver;457720]I'm going to show some ignorance here, but does Grand Cayman have "TSA agents"?

If not, I would also remain open to the possibility the tanks may have been "stolen"
    At security in grand cayman.

Good Point. I suspect customs was cleared in the US and then they flew on to their final destination. At which point TSA could have gotten their grubby hands on their luggage.

I like the idea of having the TSA rules printed and stuck onto the tanks. Will do that next time as I can't carry my unit and my bottles. The rules for max. carry-on is getting tougher, as well.

Good luck and keep us posted as to the outcome!

Claudia

Underwater Journal Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns is a name known to all Walt Stearns's Avatar
    KISS Explorer & Spirit LTE

KIS Sport, KISS GEM, Dolphin

I had made friends with a couple TSA agents here in South Florida who had informed me that airport security is so paranoid about Oxygen or containers mark for Oxygen that some of the less educated inspectors would eject a empty beer can from your luggage if it even displayed an Oxygen sticker.
    Walt Stearns
    Editor-in-Chief
    www.UnderwaterJournal.com

RBW Member Dr. Lecter is an unknown quantity at this point Dr. Lecter's Avatar
    rEvo II

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Stearns  View Original Post
    I had made friends with a couple TSA agents here in South Florida who had informed me that airport security is so paranoid about Oxygen or containers mark for Oxygen that some of the less educated inspectors would eject a empty beer can from your luggage if it even displayed an Oxygen sticker.
    That only explains one of the two bottles, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast