+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: CCR normoxic instructors for caves in Lot, France?

RBW Member damianb is an unknown quantity at this point damianb's Avatar
    JJ CCR

Re: CCR normoxic instructors for caves in Lot, France?

Ian France is your man. He's teaching there at the moment actually. He knows the Lot area better than his own back garden :)

RBW Member Franck13 is an unknown quantity at this point Franck13's Avatar
    Vision Inspiration all options

kiss poseidon lard ....

Smile Re: CCR normoxic instructors for caves in Lot, France?

i didn't know cave in lot but it's true that it's easy to find i was on this way the last month :) coming back from Rochefort it's really the campaign !
    i wasn't in there that long because the gas station are rarely and no very much stores for do business :D but it's really a pretty small town may be one day i will do a stage :D

Franck

Quote Originally Posted by BR Hedden  View Original Post
    I'm interested in doing my CCR mod 2 (normoxic) in the caves of the Lot/Dordogne.

Can anyone recommend an instructor who teaches there? Do any of the CCR instructors from the UK who also dive caves come down to the Lot for teaching?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Franck13; 11th May 2016 at 18:40.

RBW Member OutOfTest is an unknown quantity at this point OutOfTest's Avatar
    None

Ian France is a good lad.

Martin Robson or Phil Short would also be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBW Member Franck13 is an unknown quantity at this point Franck13's Avatar
    Vision Inspiration all options

kiss poseidon lard ....

i don't know but i believe that before going to visit cave It is necessary to be already a true good diver with a good level with of course a good instructor also it allows to stand out more easily
    i believe that isn't for me i'm only a 'little diver' and i prefering the sea
    but why not a day

Franck

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfTest  View Original Post
    Ian France is a good lad.

Martin Robson or Phil Short would also be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Franck13; 12th May 2016 at 18:18.

RBW Member Jeffmedic is an unknown quantity at this point Jeffmedic's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Optima, Titan, inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by iamyourgasman  View Original Post
    RANT ON This is where the unit specific nonsense bites back, you can't get tuition from excellent instructors just because the counterlung is backmounted in a steel case or the shearwater startup screen says rEvo instead of JJ/Prism whatever... When you have these issues people will just give it a go as tbh diving Trimix on a CCR is not rocket surgery. I don't understand how does it make diving safer for the divers, not the manufacturers? RANT OFF
    I hope you find someone and can learn how to do it safely. I feel your pain as even non-cave trimix training will get trickier on certain units in certain locations.
    I AGREE and why im NOT going to teach ccr after this year. Ive been teaching ccr for SIXTEEN years and the bs that is happening is RIDICULOUS

RBW Member germie is an unknown quantity at this point germie's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision/Sidekick

Quote Originally Posted by P-A  View Original Post
    If the course is easy the instructor isn't pushing you hard enough to give you valuable training.
    Absolute a disagree. Sometimes people are already on the required level before doing a course. It was just proof this to an instructor by doing a course, for me it was a monkey see, monkey do course. Of course I dove my own diveplans on the deep dives. But it was fun and that is absolutely important too and absolutely offtopic. ;)

Back to the ccr discussion. I heard that revo has different certs for the mCCR, and the hCCR. Is this true? So if you move from revo mccr to the hccr you have to do again a course on userlevel? With my inspiration cert I can dive a classic, and one with vision electronics. My mod3 card and ccr card are not unitspecific of course.

Further, mod2 in a cave, where do you want to do skills like shooting smb? It is a different situation from ow. Deco in caves is much easier as there is always reference. Making a diveplan is more complicated as you must know your swimmingspeed and caves are multilevel most times. St. Sauveur is an easy cave to plan, but you will be fast on the 60m limit and then it will be a short dive. Ressel you have to go further in.
    Oh yes, you can practice smb shooting in the entrance pool of the st. sauveur, LOL
    Last edited by germie; 17th May 2016 at 13:27.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3