+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VR3 Sos

RBW Member Chii is on a distinguished road Chii is on a distinguished road Chii's Avatar

VR3 Sos

Goodmorning everyone,

I have a VR3 that has been with me on over 600 dives. I bought it 2nd hand and found out yesterday that the uppgrades are lost if the battey is not replaced directly when it is worn out. I do not have the PINs from the previous owner.

Is there any way of recovering my faithfoul friend?

I hate to see my faitfoul friend go out this way

Dual m-CCR cave diver Manu-joki is an unknown quantity at this point Manu-joki's Avatar
    2 m-ccr JOKI

DC 55

Re: VR3 Sos

Hi

Unfortunately you must find the previous owner...

Without his PIN your VR3 will not work as a computer

I had the same problem...

Regards

Manu

RBW Member Chii is on a distinguished road Chii is on a distinguished road Chii's Avatar

Crap

Anyone who know where i can get a bargin on the PIN codes?
    Last edited by Chii; 25th August 2014 at 11:42.

Chris Miller undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o's Avatar
    Dolphin (Atlantis)

IDA-71

Quote Originally Posted by Chii  View Original Post
    Crap

Anyone who know where i can get a bargin on the PIN codes?

Before VR closed shop or whatever they did you could register as the new owner and they would provide you the previously activated PINs - I've read the new company supporting the sentinel will sell new PINs so perhaps they will also give you the registered pins.

Try giving them a call

VMS - Vobster Marine Systems

P.S. Let us know what they say!

Dropped an e-mail to them yesterday, no reply so far.....

Get back when i hear something,

Uppdate,

VMS claim thay have no track of the PINs already purchased for my computer. They do how ever offer new PIN uppgrades for the VR3.

I bougt the uppgrades all over again since this is a far cheaper solution than getting a new computer.

Will get the PIN next week.

Over N Out

RBW Member greenwood_60 is an unknown quantity at this point greenwood_60's Avatar
    BioPak 240

Uppdate,

VMS claim thay have no track of the PINs already purchased for my computer. They do how ever offer new PIN uppgrades for the VR3.

I bougt the uppgrades all over again since this is a far cheaper solution than getting a new computer.

Will get the PIN next week.

Over N Out
    I'm in a similar situation. I bought my VR3s used, and didn't know to get the PIN. One's the original owner passed away, the other's original owner is unknown (resold too many times). I emailed VR about the first almost a year ago, and they asked for the SN and said they would look in to it. I email the SN and never heard back. I've emailed them again today.

Trimix and CCR software is now up and running.

Great thanks to VMS for exelent customer service

Chris Miller undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o is a jewel in the rough undrh2o's Avatar
    Dolphin (Atlantis)

IDA-71

Trimix and CCR software is now up and running.

Great thanks to VMS for exelent customer service
    What did it cost you?

+ Reply to Thread