+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golem Gear heated vest - what size?

RBW Member Bruce's will become famous soon enough Bruce's will become famous soon enough Bruce's will become famous soon enough Bruce's will become famous soon enough Bruce's's Avatar
    JJ eCCR and Kiss Sidekick mCCR

Golem Gear heated vest - what size?

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of ordering a golem gear heated vest soon. I'm 189 cm (6 ft 2) tall and lean. What size vest would you recommend - the L or XL size? Is the XL size just longer or is it also wider. I'm aware that I need it to be long enough to reach well down my torso but am wondering if I get the XL whether it will be snug enough??? Thoughts please from people who own them?

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

Re: Golem Gear heated vest - what size?

definitely XL, L will look like a bib.

Sorta New Member w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley is a name known to all w ripley's Avatar
    JM Hammerhead

ISC Hammer-MEG

I'm 5-10 @ 185 & wear a L. Waist goes between 36 & 38, with chest 44. It goes on under your thermals, over a thin shirt (I wear a dryfit t-shirt under it). Jakob recommended that size for me.

It's snug - it's supposed to be for contact -but all of the Velcro on the waist tabs mate so as not to snag my fleece. Used it up to 7 hours on a single cave dive and never knew it was there - other than the heat at deco. Got a couple hundred dives on it and never thought about getting a larger one.

But, that's just me.
    Last edited by w ripley; 19th August 2014 at 22:16.
    Bill Ripley

Rebreathers are something that we have to go to in order to dive the way we want to dive. They are not something we go to for any other reason.

RBW Member huntdive is an unknown quantity at this point huntdive's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Pack  View Original Post
    definitely XL, L will look like a bib.
    Get the Bigest one Jakob sells, I have the XL (5'6) and my friend has the L (5'11) and his is tiny in comparison (and small on me) to the XL and I think the XL has one more heating pad in the Vest too (more is better)

Fake Diver Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack will become famous soon enough Jeff Pack's Avatar
    Meg

KISS

I'm 6ft, and the L was like a bib. XL is perfect.

LOLA actually makes even a larger size.

RBW Member Bruce's will become famous soon enough Bruce's will become famous soon enough Bruce's will become famous soon enough Bruce's will become famous soon enough Bruce's's Avatar
    JJ eCCR and Kiss Sidekick mCCR

Thanks guys for feedback - XL it is!

+ Reply to Thread