+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Suitability of varying rebreathers for cave diving

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Gude Michael :D

You may be just a bit biased, but you do have a point. ;)

Good to see you here.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by db8us
    Hi Matt, Stefan,Phi, Zak etc.

i want to add that i think the RB80 is not a bad unit for cave-diving, but maybe i am biased

Michael
    Hey Michael,

Long time no talk! Glad to see you here...

New Member nicolite is an unknown quantity at this point nicolite's Avatar

Question Re: Suitability of varying rebreathers for cave diving

Quote Originally Posted by am  View Original Post
    I have cave dived with the Inspiration and I do not really consider it a good rebreather for any type of penetration cave diving or smaller caves.

What other rebreathers are people here using for extended cave dives?
    Which aspects of the Inspiration makes it unsuitable for cave penetration dives?

not so new anymore jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc is a jewel in the rough jean-marc's Avatar

Re: Suitability of varying rebreathers for cave diving

Huumm, very old post, more than two years old.
    Since, I'm sure am get under the entrance restriction at Goul du Pont ...

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Re: Suitability of varying rebreathers for cave diving

Quote Originally Posted by guy  View Original Post
    Jim Bowden uses a VOYAGER rebreather for his cave diving explorations. Also, I know the VOYAGER was designed by Italian Cave Diver, Nicola Donda. Apparently, he is a extremely experienced cold water cave explorer and he specifically designed the rebreather for this purpose - furthermore, they have specific Cave Diver course for the unit. The counterlungs and scrubber canister can be fitted with a one-way valves for purging out condensation. Also, I heard a rumour that someone will be using a VOYAGER in October to make a world-record cave dive.
    Some of very, very experienced good Italian cave diver as Luigi Casati, Alberto Cavedon use Voyager Rebreathers for there cave diving. Remember, one time I want to dive the very nice Fontanazzi cave in nord Italy. But when I reached the cave at 10AM I meet this two guys preparing for a exploration dive on there Voyager CCR. They where just ready to go, so I went to a other cave (Oliereo Cogol dei Siori) only 1 km from Fontanazzi to make a dive of about 120 min. on my homemade rebreather. After the dive I made a break for eating and after that geared up for a second dive. Get 100 min of diving there, as I want not to push the filter of my breather to much. When I leaved the cave in the afternoon i get a search for a hotel to stay for the next day. When I passed Fontanzzi cave, i meet Luigi Casati who finished his dive just a few min. before. Alberto Cavedon was still in the cave for more than 3h of remaining deco.
    What I want to say is that it is the singer, not the song. And this guys are very, very good singers on there Voyager.
    Last edited by gerstl_ossi; 21st December 2007 at 21:58.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6