+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FFM / BOV options?

RBW Member Eruption Chaser is an unknown quantity at this point Eruption Chaser's Avatar

FFM / BOV options?

Hi folks,

I'm coming back to diving, and coming new to CCR use - see my 'intro' post.

From the research I've done thus far, I'm convinced there's an unanswerable safety case for using a FFM with a RB - although I'm still prepared to listen to any strong arguments to the contrary. I feel this strongly enough that at this stage I'd say I'd simply never use a RB without one, from day one of training. 'Train as you fight, fight as you train'. And of course I've spent many hundreds of hours wearing a FFM as a fireman.

So, questions:

1. Does anyone care to advance suggestions for a particularly good combination of FFM & BOV that work well together? I'm still making my final selection of which CCR I'll be using it with, but on the evidence so far it would take a lot to talk me out of a Revo - again on grounds of safety.

2. Does anyone have any experience of using the Kirby Morgan EXO-26 BR FFM with a rebreather? I mention this unit in particular as it's built to the highest commercial diving standards, and a commercial diver friend of mine gives it the strongest recommendation - although they've only used it on OC. It has an oro-nasal cup, which should mimimise CO2 issues.

Thanks!

Mike

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Re: FFM / BOV options?

The GG BOV's all have a P-Port option that allows them to work with the Drager Nova-R.

Most other DSV's and BOV's can be adapted for the KM-48

The BOV/OCB for the AP line of CCR's works with the Guardian FFM

I personally use a GG Shrimp BOV with a Drager Nova-R and am very happy with it....

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

FFM / BOV options?

You'll have the easiest time with the Nova. You can make the KM48 work. AGA is a little tougher but available. Guardian is tough unless you use the AP bailout system. But I suggest you find the mask you like and go from there.

I have an AGA with Divematics BOV I'm looking to sell in favor of the a Guardian I have with a custom adapter.

And I have a rEvo for sale. 😉
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RBW Member osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris is a splendid one to behold osiris's Avatar
    HH INSPO HYBRIB BASTARDISED MK

KISS/IDA64/72/60/Mk15/Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by diverklondike  View Original Post
    The GG BOV's all have a P-Port option that allows them to work with the Drager Nova-R.

Most other DSV's and BOV's can be adapted for the KM-48

The BOV/OCB for the AP line of CCR's works with the Guardian FFM

I personally use a GG Shrimp BOV with a Drager Nova-R and am very happy with it....

+1

RBW Member EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD is a jewel in the rough EngelenD's Avatar
    rEvo III rMS

rEvo is all you need!!!!

FFM / BOV options?

KM48-mod1 +GG BOV , love it ( but don't know others to be honest!)

Sent by my scrubber using a rEvodream

RBW Member Eruption Chaser is an unknown quantity at this point Eruption Chaser's Avatar

Some good suggestions, many thanks.

A lot of thumbs up for GG, no surprise there from what I've read.

The most important thing about a mask is that it should fit; if it doesn't, all other advantages are irrelevant! So some experimentation required.

Multiple mentions for the KM-48, but no-one is biting on the KM 26-EVO BR? As I said I have a strong recommendation for that mask from a professional user, but would be interested to hear other opinions.

Thanks

Mike

+ Reply to Thread