+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SF2 feedback ?

RBW Member Crazydiver44 is an unknown quantity at this point Crazydiver44's Avatar
    I search new unit after Vision

SF2 feedback ?

Hi,
    I'm looking SF2 BM version

I search people who have already tried or possessing this machine ... to have review , feedback of it.
    Thank you to you for your help ...
    Stef

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Re: SF2 feedback ?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazydiver44  View Original Post
    Hi,
    I'm looking SF2 BM version

I search people who have already tried or possessing this machine ... to have review , feedback of it.
    Thank you to you for your help ...
    Stef
    I know that Sefano from Prodive Sardinia Villasimius Pro Dive Scuba Service has one and dive it regularly (Wrecks + 100 m). He likes it a lot. Streamline, chestfree, fast on dil flash. He dives also a MEG, JJ and a Pathfinder, but SF2 is his favorit.
    contact him, he is a nice person and he knows lot of things about rebreathers.
    Cheers Ossi
    Last edited by gerstl_ossi; 24th July 2014 at 20:54.

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

Inspiration Vision, rEvo II Hy

I have a prototype SF2 that I use sidemounted as a BOB. Very nice unit to side mount being well balanced. I received a lot of help from "Toddy" at Protec in Sardinia. Easy to breath & very easy to strip clean & set up .

RBW Member Crazydiver44 is an unknown quantity at this point Crazydiver44's Avatar

SF2 feedback ?

Thank you for your feedback experience. Who do you think of the WOB ?
    When you adjusting valve counterlung it's really better ?
    when kicking fast ? how it goes for you ?
    Are you quickly breathlessness ?
    Don't you think the counterlung isn' so small ?
    I'm afraid of this ...

RBW Member colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky is a name known to all colinicky's Avatar
    rEvo III micro FT

I'm afraid of this ...
    The work of breath is good as long as my trim is flat, if vertical then not so good but it may be different with a back mounted unit.

I never kick fast, that is what a scooter is for !
    Counterlung size is fine for me .

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

I'm afraid of this ...
    A friend of mine dives a MEG and had a trial on the SF2. In the right position WOB is pretty good. The nice thing is that the unit forces the diver in a horizontal position. Without playing around a lot the back mounted SF2 trims pretty nicely out of the box. In a vertical position with head down WOB is not that good, but You should avoid that position anyway on rebreathers (caustic cocktail). Same with vertical head up position. There is no reason to do go vertical if not in some particular cave situation.

Kicking fast on rebreathers ..... not a good thing to do with all rebreathers.
    I think that there is no difference to the different rebreathers (BMCL, Front CL ...) on the market.

Counterlungs are big enough, most of the counterlungs on most units are to big

I was impressed from the SF2. I have some homebuilds and a "SF2 a like" rebreather will be one my next todo list
    Last edited by gerstl_ossi; 24th July 2014 at 21:12.

SF2 feedback ?

Quote Originally Posted by gerstl_ossi  View Original Post
    Kicking fast on rebreathers ..... not a good thing to do with all rebreathers.

Counterlungs are big enough, most of the counterlungs on most units are to big
    I know isn't a good thing to make a breathlessness with e Rebreather but it's a good way to test the machines, see if it happens sooner or later ...

No 4,5L is the minimum for CE Rebreather

I'm not saying this is a bad machine, not at all.
    but I would just have several opinions on breathing with SF2 compared to other units.

rEvo III micro FT

No 4,5L is the minimum for CE Rebreather

I'm not saying this is a bad machine, not at all.
    but I would just have several opinions on breathing with SF2 compared to other units.
    Yes CE may say 4.5L but then your instructor tells you to dive with Minimum Loop Volume ie one breath, I think that the CE standard of 4.5L may have more to do with volume for mixing gas - dil & O2 & dwell times through the scrubber but I could be totally wrong !
    I originally dove a Vision with rear mounted lungs years ago & they were built so that on the surface I could only suck one full breath & they were empty. In 3 years I never had a WoB problem & I loved them as there was so little buoyancy change due to the physical limitation.

SF2 feedback ?

Quote Originally Posted by colinicky  View Original Post
    Yes CE may say 4.5L but then your instructor tells you to dive with Minimum Loop Volume ie one breath, I think that the CE standard of 4.5L may have more to do with volume for mixing gas - dil & O2 & dwell times through the scrubber but I could be totally wrong !
    I originally dove a Vision with rear mounted lungs years ago & they were built so that on the surface I could only suck one full breath & they were empty. In 3 years I never had a WoB problem & I loved them as there was so little buoyancy change due to the physical limitation.

You have your SF2 SM since 3 years ago ?

It's very interessting what you say, thank you.
    if I summarize, for you, breathe comfort is very good if you keep a horizontal trim ?
    I'm right ?
    For vertical position, a stop flow on the ADV solve problem of "hamster cheeks" ?
    Don't you think ?

rEvo III micro FT

You have your SF2 SM since 3 years ago ?

It's very interessting what you say, thank you.
    if I summarize, for you, breathe comfort is very good if you keep a horizontal trim ?
    I'm right ?
    For vertical position, a stop flow on the ADV solve problem of "hamster cheeks" ?
    Don't you think ?
    NO I have SF2 for 1 year. I had my Vision for 3 years with rear mounted lungs .

Breathing is good when horizontal .
    Possibly better with flow stop but never tried as not been bad enough to worry about .
    More important to have OPV set correctly in bottom of lung. This may have been changed since mine .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast