+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Missing/Stollen Megalodon

RBW Member Kris H. is an unknown quantity at this point Kris H.'s Avatar
    Megalodon the one and only..

Missing/Stollen Megalodon

Please be on the lookout for a 2.7 megalodon green anadoized standard can..
    I flew to Chicago with my Meg for a week of wreck diving with a former student. Upon arrival to Midway. I went to pick up the case and almost fell over due to the lack of weight.. I opened it and it was empty.. MISSING... and NO the TSA said they didn't take it or they would have left a card (whatever)... The airline also doesn't know where it is or why it isn't there..
    At the airport the TSA monkey told me to leave the case unlocked so they could inspect it.. I said I'd wait while they did.. He said I wasn't allowed to??? Anyway I told them to make sure it was locked when they were done snooping through my bags without a warrant.. Good thing they listened eh..

AHHHHHHGGGGG... Anger is like taking poison and hoping someone else will die.. Be the master jedi.... OHMMMM OHMMMMM OHMMMM OHMMMM...

I will have the serial number posted as soon as I get back..

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

Worst fear ever... Hope it comes back to you. This is horrible news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Re: Missing/Stollen Megalodon

If you were flying from Mexico to Chicago and the case was empty, it probably disappeared in Mexico. If you were flying home, then it is probably in Chicago.

There was a JJ that disappeared under similar circumstances at JFK a few years ago. Showed up on eBay and was recovered last year.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

Just another Meg diver trimix1965 is an unknown quantity at this point trimix1965's Avatar
    Megladon Apecs 2.01

Hi Kris is this the Green Can Meg you were trying to sell not long ago mate. the one I used on my Mod 1 course?

That is wrong ! you try so hard to make sure your Rebreather is packed well , so it's not damaged and hope it does make it to destination ...but for some low life scum bag to steal it ...
    Tony

RBW Member dreamdive has disabled reputation dreamdive's Avatar
    Pathfinder, rEvo, Explorer

Meg, PrismII, Titan, Optima, 7

Yeah, like TSA does not steal anything! That's a joke.
    Loved the story of an ipad with a location device planted in the luggage, got stolen, and news crew followed it to the TSA agent's house!

Just add ice & water plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma is a name known to all plazma's Avatar
    O2 Apocalypse

DIY, Inspiration Classic

Was it a TSA employee who stole the JJ from a Finnish diver and D. 5utt0n got it back?

RBW Member Kris H. is an unknown quantity at this point Kris H.'s Avatar
    Megalodon the one and only..

I was flying from Montana to Chicago.. It was packaged in a hard case wrapped in bubble wrap and very secure.. It's been all over the world.. Thailand, Egypt, Indonesia, Mexico... I'm disgusted... Called today and still nothing..

RBW Member Goferrin99 is an unknown quantity at this point Goferrin99's Avatar
    Nil

Sorry for your loss.

For others something like this May be useful

3G GPS GSM Tracker TK102C GPRS Sim SMS Dog Cat Car Child Van Remote Spy Monitor | eBay

Supporting Member nicklinux is an unknown quantity at this point nicklinux's Avatar
    Hammerhead

Darwin mCCR, MK15, Hobo, Flex

Wow ! Sorry to hear that !
    I had to check in my breather once when I have flown through JFK and I asked the tsa to assist with inspection but they gave me the same BS !! I then told them that inside of this box is the life support equipment and if due to improper assembly during inspection they damage something, that will most likely kill me underwater.. The agents then had to talk to their supervisor and he allowed me to go inside of the room and disassemble the unit for them.. I then put straps and two locks on the pelibox .. Still, after they throw it on conveyer belt I was worried and nervous until I got it back at the destination.. Since than carry on only !
    Any way, I hope you will find that bastard and get your meg back !

Sent from my MK15 using electronics pod.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by plazma  View Original Post
    Was it a TSA employee who stole the JJ from a Finnish diver and D. 5utt0n got it back?

Yes, Dave got it. Could have been TSA but more likely a baggage handler.

I like the idea of putting RFID tags in something that gets checked.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast