+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Going to lake george ny July 26

New Member JOHNNY4FISH is an unknown quantity at this point JOHNNY4FISH's Avatar
    INSPIRATION

Going to lake george ny July 26

I thought that while I was up there I would try a day of diving. Does anyone know of a boat to go out on?
    Thank you for any info

John

RBW Member markdol2 is an unknown quantity at this point markdol2's Avatar
    hammerhead extreeme

Cool Re: Going to lake george ny July 26

last time i was there there were no charters to dive from but you could rent a large enough boat to dive off if you have someone you can trust while you are below.

New Member DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge's Avatar
    Hammered Inspiration

GEM, DC55, AKA60

Re: Going to lake george ny July 26

There is one, give me a day or two to dig up his info
    Later,
    John

RBW Member tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione is a jewel in the rough tcascione's Avatar
    Kiss Spirit Lte

Azimuth, KISS CLASSIC,KISS GEM

Rich Morin Scuba in Glens Falls (www,richmorinproscubacenter.com) has a big Zodiac that can take you out to dive the Lost Radeau (incredibly preserved wooden war barge from the 1750s) which sits in 107 feet. It's a quick dive but very cold (low 40s) on the bottom.

As a second dive that morning you can do the "underwater classroom" which is a marked tour of a sunken tour boat from the early 1900s, a 1950s cabin cruiser and some interesting rock formations.

There is also a beach dive at Hearthstone Point park (the spot where Morin puts the Zodiac in) where they have a sunken station wagon, powerboat and small airplane in 30-50 feet of water just off the beach.

That's about it. Enjoy.

New Member DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge is a jewel in the rough DepthCharge's Avatar
    Hammered Inspiration

GEM, DC55, AKA60

Try Halfmoon Marine Services (518) 357-3234. He's rebreather friendly.
    Not sure if Morin's is rebreather friendly.
    Later,
    John

RBW Member rongoodman is an unknown quantity at this point rongoodman's Avatar
    Prism 2

Definitely get in touch with Halfmoon Marine Services. Frank's a good guy, and a rebreather will be no problem.
    Last edited by rongoodman; 17th July 2014 at 17:05.

New Member JOHNNY4FISH is an unknown quantity at this point JOHNNY4FISH's Avatar
    INSPIRATION

Thank you all for the info. I will only be there Friday and Saturday. Half moon is booked.

Thank you again

John

+ Reply to Thread