+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New rebreather dive centre in Mallorca

RBW Member Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol's Avatar

New rebreather dive centre in Mallorca

English Version - Tek-Dive-Mallorca.com

Going yo Mallorca this summer and I understand that there is now a centre supporting rebreather diving.

I have dived mallorca many times and the marine reserves are excellent for marine life ( way better than I expected for the med.) There are several drop off dives around the marine reserves, so the diving is ideal for using a rebreather.

Has anyone used tek dive Mallorca, yet or had any experiences? Any feed back appreciated.

RBW Member Mudfish is an unknown quantity at this point Mudfish's Avatar
    UBS40pro

(Ray)

Re: New rebreather dive centre in Mallorca

Haven't been there, but did my scr-course with the guy who now runs the rebreather/tek diving there. He used to live in Germany and now has moved there to run the base. I would be interested in your experiences.

RBW Member Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol's Avatar

Do you know what training agency he is qualified with?

RBW Member Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll is a jewel in the rough Clive O' Driscoll's Avatar
    Waiting for my Next

Megalodon 2.7

Trimix CCR Course, Duration 2 Days??

Dive addict taliena is an unknown quantity at this point taliena's Avatar

The website is really short, no information about sites, depths, prices.
    It looks like it is a German person, because the sites opens in German. And it looks like he teaches VDST or CMAS. But that is just because there is written about 2** as certification level.

RBW Member Mudfish is an unknown quantity at this point Mudfish's Avatar
    UBS40pro

(Ray)

It is a German person. He is - if I recall correctly a certified CMAS instructor of ** or *** TL (Instructor). The VDST that you mentioned is a very widespread German diving association that is basically a localisation of CMAS. They certify according to cmas.

I think he does PADI too. As for his technical expertise - VDST didn't do much technical diving in the past - it comes from an organisation that calls itself PROTEC. He gives our Protec certificates. He explained to me that they split off early from cmas to pursue technical diving. I don't know much else about it.

However let me tell you about my course: I did a morning of 1:1 technical chat in which he verified that I had read a book he had recommended, I had, thouroughly. I had to assemble and dissassemble the device under his scrutiny. All fine. Then we did one (1) dive and a couple of cork screw manoevers, surfaced, went down again, switched to BO and did some more rounds in the lake. That was it. He let me off without the other 2 dives. However much I felt flattered, it was a bit on the thin side, even for an scr course. I would like to explain it with my stunning abilities as a diver though.

You can find his credentials here:
    Impressum - Tek-Dive-Mallorca.com

Oh, one more thing: Mallorca is one of the most frequented holiday spots for Germans. I think he runs the base now and its unique selling point is that they offer techical diving. Probably mainly aimed at people who are already certified.
    Last edited by Mudfish; 19th July 2014 at 16:38.

+ Reply to Thread