+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Australia to Iceland

RBW Member Craig70mtr is an unknown quantity at this point Craig70mtr's Avatar
    Posiedon Mk VI

Australia to Iceland

Guy's, we are looking to dive Iceland ,arriving from Sydney Australia.Any tips on good warm ,comfortable accommodation reasonably priced.A diving outfit for ocean and other dives.Some ccr, some oc divers.Give me the good ,bad ,the ugly so we avoid issues on a mad 10 day stay.Northern Lights would be a bonus,what time of year for diving and lights.
    Thanks.

When In Doubt - Bail Out Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E is a glorious beacon of light Jeppe_E's Avatar
    Poseidon 7 - 100M Tech

Re: Australia to Iceland

Quote Originally Posted by Craig70mtr  View Original Post
    Guy's, we are looking to dive Iceland ,arriving from Sydney Australia.Any tips on good warm ,comfortable accommodation reasonably priced.A diving outfit for ocean and other dives.Some ccr, some oc divers.Give me the good ,bad ,the ugly so we avoid issues on a mad 10 day stay.Northern Lights would be a bonus,what time of year for diving and lights.
    Thanks.
    You are going to freeze to death

Sorry, cannot give you and info about accommodation, but they are generally heated. Diving outfit would consist of a drysuit and thick undergarment, dry gloves with thick inner gloves.

This is where you wanna go
    Silfra in Thingvellir National Park, Iceland - DIVE.IS - Silfra

Posiedon Mk VI

Yes,we sort of understand this.All of our trips are to the tropics and we figured we need to do something different.We dive drysuits here so not too much of a problem,the cold,we'll find out.Iceland looks amazing in all aspects and is as different to diving Asia Pacific as we could find.Nothing like a challenge.

RBW Member caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99 is a jewel in the rough caver99's Avatar
    eStroke

Quote Originally Posted by Craig70mtr  View Original Post
    Yes,we sort of understand this.All of our trips are to the tropics and we figured we need to do something different.We dive drysuits here so not too much of a problem,the cold,we'll find out.Iceland looks amazing in all aspects and is as different to diving Asia Pacific as we could find.Nothing like a challenge.
    I would say if you go to Iceland diving is a MUST.
    Definetly the Silfra is a must, no question..and yes it is fu...cold water but awesone visibilty....and nice landscape with small caverns in the beginning of the dive

A second must is "The Strytan", a bit north of Akurery (on the north coast). You may check the web and seach for Strytan Dive Center.
    Diving in Iceland | Strytan Divecenter

I was diving with Elendur some time ago and it was great, no question.
    I was going around ICeland in August, so always long days and good weather......

Enjoy your trip

Posiedon Mk VI

Quote Originally Posted by caver99  View Original Post
    I would say if you go to Iceland diving is a MUST.
    Definetly the Silfra is a must, no question..and yes it is fu...cold water but awesone visibilty....and nice landscape with small caverns in the beginning of the dive

A second must is "The Strytan", a bit north of Akurery (on the north coast). You may check the web and seach for Strytan Dive Center.
    Diving in Iceland | Strytan Divecenter

I was diving with Elendur some time ago and it was great, no question.
    I was going around ICeland in August, so always long days and good weather......

Enjoy your trip
    Great links guy's.Way better diving than I could have imagined.
    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread